Empires Summer Scrim League Game 1 - 13th June 21:00 BST/ 16:00 EDT/ 13:00 PDT

Discussion in 'General' started by Trickster, Jun 13, 2015.

1. CRITAWAKETS

CRITAWAKETS Member

Only one armory pretty much got placed and it got exploded 15 seconds after appearing.

RIP BE Armory.

Also did anybody notice my large amount of skill that i think made the first round not lost at 45 minutes or lower in the match even if its my first scrim and i got empires burnout?

2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Long scrims are so draining, like constant high skill high pressure every position on the map getting hit refs constantly down jeeeezus

3. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Updated, people cleaned their rust pretty quick.

Also when's next game? Is it bi-weekly?

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

but compo gas bio ml

fun games and draining. a water bottle next time is a good idea, might not have been so tired after the first game (i took a nap after it ended).

e: also thank god for paradox being my squad leader, since hes the only voice i can actually make out who it is in teamspeak

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  5. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

The best part was when I realized I had fucked my install and all Missiles/Cannons fired straight ahead for me relative to the chassis, not the turret.

6. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

I'm sorry I insulted you in my banter to my team. I just like to motivate my team in feeling more superior to the other team.

7. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

8. Candles

You insulted me? When?

9. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

"Candles is such shit player" somewhere in that round 2 video.

10. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

11. Candles

I'm listening for when he says it right now. I would guess it's right after I killed three people with two mortars and wiped out their push in north.

EDIT: Oh wait, I found it. It's at 10:30, when Lawliet is telling Echo to keep pushing North, then Post tells him that the best squad is in North, "Spike, Reznov, Candles", then Lawliet says "Candles, is such a shitty player. Why are you worried about that noob."

One thing I want to note is that Quebec and X-Ray had two different ways of communication. In video provided by Lawliet, it's clear that all the communication was done through Teamspeak, and very little through the ingame function. In X-Ray, we had each squad in their own channel; people could use the game-chat as needed, but it allowed us to coordinate on a low-level as squads a lot easier and made it a lot more cohesive. It definitely helped to make sure Alpha squad could stay coordinated, although I can't speak to the experience of the other squads.

12. complete_

complete_ lamer

real fucked up brah, especially since security named you a tier 2 player and everything

13. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

We're never going to let him live it down, are we?

14. complete_

complete_ lamer

yes. and im not gonna let you live this down
    [​IMG]
    a wild ninja appears, just as lawliet says "im placing turrets so i dont get ninja'd"
    hes way out in the open for like ten seconds while you are looking over the base. how did you not see it

15. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

Who said I didn't see him? For all you know I could've entered the 2nd door of the zone and truly had trusted my team.

16. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Are you guys talking shit?

[youtube]Cx1J2CzNnS8[/youtube]

Lets talk some shit.

17. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Lawliet, why you no camera.
    31:50

Haha, holy shit this is too perfect, they actually drive into them at the same time.

33:40 i still dont get how candles died from a single retribution mine.
    1:17:00 best part
    also lol 1:18:30

18. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

We considered doing that but decided against it. I think the idea was that while it would've improved communications within squads, the whole team being on the same page is more important.

But now in hindsight, I think it would've worked better if we had squad channels and have people talk ingame if they had something important to say because with these player numbers it was a bit of a clusterfuck. But then again, it's important that the commander knows what the squads are doing and it's also good if the squad leaders know what the other squads are up to.

It's pretty hard to determine which would be more effective but I guess we won so our way worked better.:cool:

19. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Correlation =/= causation? (beating Spartacus to this)

20. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I will say I didn't talk too much during the game because of everyone else talking, I didn't want to shout over them. I was using text chat half the time along with the rest of my squad. I think private squad channels would be nice. Considering lawliet was keeping the entire team updated on what the entire team was doing I don't think we needed several sources of what a squad was doing.

Also it was very bizarre hearing security constantly talking. Though I feel this way when anyone who primarily uses text uses a mic.