Empires RC 21 - rollback edition

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Headshotmaster, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

i think the empires team is doing a great job.. and im not speaking after losing a game to some experienced players

2. arklansman

arklansman Member

OMFG! That might force people to use *GASP!* TEAMWORK!

3. DJ Die

DJ Die Member

didnt you have to use teamwork even before this? i mean few grens were still able to kill lone tank but not sometimes you have no choice but to get out of your tank and kill stupid gren firing rockets at you with your smg because you couldnt mount basic MG

4. arklansman

arklansman Member

Yes, now you have to use teamwork in tanks too. ;)

Obviously it takes skills to need full weapons and full armor to defeat the suckbuses.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  5. DJ Die

DJ Die Member

you always had to use teamwork in tanks because you cant kill 4 grens firing at you no matter how got setup you have well maybe except if you have nuke that would change it a bit
    now chances are that you will be killed by 1 not 4

6. Silk

Silk Mapper

Seriously i've never made a tank with only one type of weapon. I want 2 weapons at least, and so far that hasn't been a problem. 2 weapons + full armor if it is composite armor, or 2 weapons + almost full armor if i'm using heavier armor.

And as i said before, since you can now have (a lot) more armor then before (i think the BE heavy has 11 more plates now?), you can easily make a grenadier killing weapon of terror.

7. Grizzly

Grizzly BEAR SIZED DOORS

For those who didden't realize it, SOF has prebuilt VF and full research becouse it was a test version that accidently got included, together with the fact that i didden't upload the new version in time to be included in rc20

SOF will be fixed in the next RC, together with a tweaked UC

8. hEllO kIttY

hEllO kIttY Member

I hope with elevator music!! Elevator Music MAKES THE MAP BALANCEEEEee!!

9. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

yeah, did people really not know about the SoF issue? Try coming on IRC before you rant on the forums, at least you'll learn about the different issues you have. Also, try reading the forums. There aren't many posts on here about new tank weights being awesome, most people think they need some changes but generally like them. These are issues that have already been talked about.

Rants are pretty useless if they're unoriginal.

10. Caelo

Caelo Member

Those guys saying tanks are invincible IRL make me laugh..
    A good mine or a well planted TOW missile will definately wreck ALL tanks IRL. Also I'd like to note that you can wreck the tracks of a tank with just some small explosives.. Also also I'd like to note that a tanks real weakness is its incapability to counter closecombat fighting. So, IMO, a grenadier that manages to sneak up to a tank should be able to destroy that tank AND the tankdriver+passenger would deserve to get blown apart.

Apart from that I totally agree with grapehead and the others that think this is a major improvement to gameplay.

*edit* added some words to make it easier to read :)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2007
  11. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Though I still wonder how making tanks have a weight limit with restrictions on it makes it easier for me, and difficult for the others?

12. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

Quoted for truth. ANY one who has studdied WW2 would know this. Thats why tanks in urban enviromnents is a bad idea. Stalingrad, anyone?

13. Caelo

Caelo Member

Well you don't have to be a genius to figure that out :P

14. DJ Die

DJ Die Member

who is talking about tank being invincible? but tank should be able to mount basic MG and some cannon with full armor
    sure if gren sneaks up on tank he should kill it easily(though ive seen photo of M1 that survived 2 hits from Hellfire missiles fired by Apache) that is except now that if tank is armed with HE cannon he will kill you anyway

15. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

Honestly, I absolutely love the new weights (except for NF LTs, those are a bit borked). Before, it was always having full armor, full weapons, and an awesome engine, same old same old each time you bought a tank. Now if you want that bio MG, you have to take some plating off the back/sides/front to fit it. It takes a little more thinking when you design your tank now.

The real problem here is that the tanks were nerfed, but the grenadiers were not.

16. picard131

picard131 Member

I didn't say that they were invincible, I said they were armored beasts. I know all too well the different ways you can total a modern MBT (including shooting out the sensor package on one of the Russian's MBTs, which makes me laugh a bit)

17. DJ Die

DJ Die Member

all tanks should get bit more weight heavis only bit because they are almost OK now but as you say LT should get a lot

and yes grens have quite big advantage now missiles should have limited range and mortar needs to be less effective against armor and have some delay between crouching and firing

18. picard131

picard131 Member

Heh, yeah. The mowtar is a direct-fire rape machine now.

19. rat

rat Member

I have a new found respect for you HSM, I agree with everything except what you said about Streets of Fire because I haven't played that map on RC20, I too have been too disgusted to play very much since around RC19. I respect you for speaking your mind in this post as I'm sure many Empires players including me are feeling the same way right now but don't feel it's their place to say so, as you have so blatantly done.

Bottom line, Empires needs a roll back. I haven't played a heated game in a while and tank wars isn't even worth it anymore.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2007
  20. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

grens do not need to be nerfed.. thats what riflemen hell even engys are for...

grens are supposed to be anti tank.. you want to make it so its even harder to kill tanks? when was the last time you were a gren tryin to kill a fuckin tank? its not easy... but just because you are getting killed in tanks by skilled grens doesnt mean it needs to be nerfed.. quit taking your frustrations from losing in game to the fourms

if you cant gun down a gren or run him over or just drive away in time then you suck...