Empires RC 21 - rollback edition

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Headshotmaster, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

Seriously

This version is just plain retarded. I can't fathom why the most enjoyable aspects of empires was raped past recognition.

No offense, but I rather liked 1.0 with the extreme lag and horribly unbalanced gameplay over this version.

Things that need to be fixed(that never should have been broken)

Tank weight. We all know it.
    Tanks have become nothing more than paper weights, doomed to the rocket of 1 lucky gren. It's pathetic. Not to mention you feel like superman the moment you bump into something. Is this a tank or a hovercraft?

Then there's Streets of fire...
    Streets of fire RC 20 - handicapped edition.
    Seriously, Who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to

1) have a VF prebuilt
    2) have everything researched in the beginning

(I have yet to check if any other maps have been raped because I'm too disgusted to play)

If this game gets handicapped any farther then everytime the round ends, a message will pop up congradulating both teams for their participation.

Listen, if you participate and lose....YOU STILL FUCKING LOSE!

This is not really a rant because whats been said here is true and we all know it. Most people don't like it and the one who do are in the minority.

Listen, Empires is(now was) an awesome game, so can we please get a rollback with the exception of the streets of fire fix?

If not, think hard about fixing this. I think the problem is too many changes are made to individual players. What sounds good on a forum is not always what's best in game >_<

2. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

None of this is final, it should be treated as a beta and not the final release version.

3. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

SOF - no idea, I didn't even play. All research was probably set by cvar.

Flying tanks - yeah sure it sucks but it's only an RC (like it was said earlier alpha). You'll get a new RC soon that will fix it.

Is there anything else that's an important bug?

4. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

duh...

Which is why I posted about before anything was FUBAR.

It's not just about flying tanks.
    It's also about the stupid weight restrictions...(I can't have my cake AND eat it too)
    tanks now have 2 different roles imo. Fast to run people over, or no armor with guns(and explode is you stare at them hard enough)

it's just not fun anymore.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  5. dizzyone

Well you didn't actually say anything was fubar, you were just ranting about things without going into specifics, the point is that these things need to be ironed out, not notified on how incomplete they currently are.

6. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

They were fine in RC 19, then everything was dramatically changed.

What once was whole is now incomplete. You should really play this version sometime.

7. Silk

Silk Mapper

Apart from rocket sniping (and the vehicle bug offcourse), this is by far the best version ever imo.
    i haven't played SoF though. I never really liked the new urban maps so i usually avoid them.

8. dizzyone

I did, how do you know for sure the last version wasn't incomplete?

9. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Why is it that a suckbus like me can manage to make a tank that takes out 3-5 tanks?

Well, not an AFV, but I can be pretty hazardous in a BE medium or heavy, for some reason I'm also better with them than with NF tanks.

If you can balance out what you want, you can still make a pretty strong tank.

10. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

I'm not saying it wasn't complete. I'm saying this version made 1 step forward in terms of bug fixing, and 2 steps back in terms of gameplay.

The tanks in the previous version could have be tweaked slightly, instead of altered way past their original design. I mean, they were near perfect in terms of their role and gameplay aspects. They were TANKS with turrets, guns and armor. Now they are hovercraft with 1 gun and a little armor on the side.

Becuase the game was broken in favor of the suckbuses

11. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

There's not a way to make good people bad, without making bad people worse.

12. picard131

picard131 Member

This is why we don't make threads after coming off a bad round, people.

Stuff will be fixed. That's why it's a beta.

13. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

It's called "handicapping"

you guys get the front parking and the service.
    We get to fight for the spots behind yours.

14. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

If you can put a nuke on a heavy tank, with 6 plates of armor, it's not balanced, since a nuke is a large heavy missile, not some pea that fits in a pistol.

15. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

I played with heavy tanks mostly in RC20. They seem now more balanced (lots of armor or lots of weapons or decent armor and decent weapons) Well medium tank and especially light tanks(AFVs) aren't ideal yet.

I think that you shouldn't be able to buy LT with SC, ML, and chain gun. But still you should be able to buy SC ML and some kind of weaker machine gun. Subtle difference but important. I don't want a tank that will only deal with other tanks or infantry. I want a tank that's better against something (infantry or tanks). Some nerfed (with low weight) weapons may be needed to balance it.

solokiller: It is fine, that tank would have big problems with any decent med/heavy tank.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  16. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I think we just have to play some actual games where you have to research and THEN see if the weights are too constricting. Sure, tank battles where you have access to every single technology makes it easy as cake to make an incredible tank, but can you also limit yourself to one field without having a sucky tank?

If you have to wait until the commander has at least researched the lightest armor, the fastest engines and the most effective cannons before you can even start to play like you could in previous RC's, then I think the balance has tipped a bit too much in favour of infantry.

But we'll see ingame. :p

17. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

I think the biggest problem is not everythign is being put into perspective

Nukes cost ALOT in terms of time and resources. If you have the time and money to do it, you shouldn 't be handicapped just because you are better.

as for tanks in general. Tanks are meant to be weapons of war with great defense and offense. It's not about "Oh, I think having missles AND machine guns are too overpowered" it's about "What weapon will do the most damage to enemy while leaving me with the fewest casualties.

There's way too many handicaps being put in place.

Edit: Beerdude gets it.

double edit : RC 20, affirmative action version

18. dizzyone

Well maybe you don't understand the changes made and how they work? Because to me it seems its 2 steps forward in terms of gameplay with that being just the baiscs of a much more improved weight system.

19. picard131

picard131 Member

It's about balance. You can't balance the highest weapons by cost because the amount of money available fluctuates so much based on so many things.

Again, it's a game. If I could find the official post saying 'fuck realism', I would put it here. But I can't, so I won't. Just because tanks are massive armored beasts in real life doesn't mean the same in the game. Each tank class, and more specifically each loadout (more armor or more weaponry, and what kind) is made for a role. You pick the role, make the tank, and go out and fight. Don't see the problem at all.

20. DJ Die

DJ Die Member

this is realy turning into game like CnC and such RTS games where tank only has canon which is worst thing i have seen

sure they dont have to be able to kill anything without problems you should be limited for example to full armor weak MG and missiles or cannon only but now you are restricted to cannon only with full armor and sometimes you cant even do that unless you have composite armor