Empires Public Test Server 2.21a

Discussion in 'General' started by Porthos, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

By "making this" I was refering to making a program out of the batch file. You still have to run it manually. To do it automatically, I would need to know alot more about the coding side of the Source engine, and even then, I don't think the script behavior of Empires will allow you to change them while it's running.

The program is done, and can be downloaded when I get around to forwarding the ports for my web server. The only real advantage to it is that it pulls the required paths from the registry, so it should work properly no matter where you installed Steam or TortoiseSVN. I haven't tested it on machines that do not have TortoiseSVN or Steam, but it should just exit if they are not found.

I might consider making a GUI version sometime later. I may also take feature requests.

EDIT: Download here: http://76.166.247.209:81/EmpSVNTool.zip

EDIT2: Forgot to mention, this is being hosted on my computer. My computer is on most of the time, so this link should work most of the time.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  2. recon

recon SM Support Dev

You could upload it here. What language is it written in?

3. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

It's written in C++ and compiled with Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0.

I DO have access to a webserver where I could upload it, but I didn't feel like putting it there. If downloading it from me becomes a problem, then I'll upload it somewhere else.

4. recon

recon SM Support Dev

You should get the new version of VS. The Express editions are free ;)

5. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

I would rather not force people to download new c++ runtimes. Since most people already have the 6.0 runtimes, it should JustWork™.

6. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

http://76.166.247.209:81/EmpSVNTool.zip

I've uploaded a new version. The old one was reading the steam directory from an old location in the registry, which valve doesn't use anymore. I added an automatic game launch feature. It makes the required changes to the scripts, launches the game, and reverts them when the game closes. It can be accessed from the menu, or by launching the program with the "-launch" parameter. There were some issues involving 64bit versions of TortoiseSVN, so I included a 64bit build which fixes the problem, but I haven't tested it much. Since Visual Studio 6.0 is a pain when it comes to compiling 64bit programs, I compiled the 64bit one in Visual Studio 2005. I should probably add more checks to the program, but I wanted to hurry this thing up.

Oh and I added 2 Empires-themed icons to the program that were posted on the forums some time ago.

Maybe now more people will actually download this thing. So far, Porthos is the only one who has downloaded and tested it.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  7. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

When I helped with weapon testing the only other people testing were Zealoth and Porthos.
    We need more weapon testers!!!!!!

8. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

im tellin ya, testing needs a regular PUG.