empires never-will-happen wishlist

Discussion in 'Archive' started by OuNin, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Empty

Empty Member

The fuck would you know you're the sound guy.

2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I would like to see EmpiresCraft.

3. mcthugg

mcthugg Banned

Are you sure ? Cuz as is when placing a rax or vf you have displacement.

4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

please stop talking about things you obviously have no clue whatsoever ...

5. mcthugg

mcthugg Banned

So your saying as is when placing a rax or vf that they place 100% above ground ? Really ???? Cuz they don't.

6. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Displacements aren't modified when you place a building on it, if you look at the model you'll notice that there's a large foundation to compensate for differences in terrain. Besides, modifying a displacement at runtime isn't possible, there is no code in the engine to allow it.

7. mcthugg

mcthugg Banned

It could be done. But maps and buildings would have to be modified. Basically have a sub floor to the maps and make buildings no-collide with the top floor.

8. Empty

Empty Member

Stop talking you don't know what you're talking about.

9. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I suppose you also have answers to the plethora of issues this would cause

Oh wait you don't because you don't even know what the issues would be

10. mcthugg

mcthugg Banned

I can think of a lot of issues it could cause. Not saying it should even be done. Just stating that it is possible. I hate when people say stuff can't be done.
    Or like how when empty can't understand something he just says someone don't know what they are talking about. All most anything is possible. It is a matter of time and resources. Instead of bs...saying something can't be done just say it isn't worth the effort. Yes underground tunnels can be done but the time it would take to work every thing out would be ridiculous. :P

11. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

A lot of stuff CAN'T be done with the level of access given to modders on the source engine.

12. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Yeah because the map would have to recompile every time you changed something because source still uses methods from Id tech 2. We aren't playing with geomod or frostbyte.

13. Beerdude26

And we can't dig too deep with rerouting DLL's because then we could activate VAC (although the prospect of the entire Empires community banned from Steam may be worth the sacrifice, lol jk)

14. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

no, i didnt say that. i just said you are making a fool out of you because you very obviously have absolutely no clue whatsoever and you keep talking yourself into something deeper and deeper. (not only this thread)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  15. scouto2

scouto2 Member

Steam Update 2.

16. mcthugg

mcthugg Banned

Oh I have absolutely no clue....Why cuz I will not be like most people and hide behind bullshit excuses. The source engine is as limited as the person working with it. Just cuz a few part time empires devs can't do something that in no way makes it not possible.

17. Beerdude26

How about you shut the fuck up before I permanently ban you from these forums and this mod?

Are you the same retard that was on the hlcoders mailing list by any chance

18. mcthugg

mcthugg Banned

Threatening = The last resort of a small minded person. Lmfao
    Really....threatening to ban someone for stating a fact. Just cuz YOU or someone else can't do something that don't make it imposable.

P.S. wouldn't be my 1st perma :P

19. complete_

complete_ lamer

just cuz

20. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

The fact is, you're entirely wrong. So much of it CAN'T be done, and it's not a case of the talent of our coders. The source engine is old, really fucking old. And modders are given a limited level of access. LICENSED source engines could, theoretically, with a huge amount of work, add anything. Even if it was 1000x harder, with a full source license, you would have the access to be able to change anything, no matter how hard and time consuming. But with the level of access a MOD gets, you can't. Important sections of the code aren't even readable, let alone changeable. Not to mention attempting to circumvent this, as Beerdude said, would result in VAC bans for everyone who played this.

You sit there, acting like you have even a modicum of comprehension regarding this subject, but the fact of the matter is, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, and you're virtually making insults aimed at the Empires coders, claiming that not only are they inept at what they do, but that they're not knowledgeable about it. Why on earth would you be surprised at being threatened with a ban? It's not a case of moral high ground on your part, it's a case of Beerdude working hours and hours on this mod only be to be insulted by someone so ignorant and unintelligent that they don't even deserve to be able to play the game, let alone pass judgement on the coders of it.