Empires 2.0 is competeing directly with Insurgency beta 2

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Lithium, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Lithium

Lithium Member

veiw the post here

I know that insurgency beta 2 pales in comparison to Empires 2.0 but not everyone is a beta test or part of the empires forums so they dont know that. This could prove problematic as they could steal potential emp_recruits

2. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

Yep we know. :|

At least they are a week apart. If what I hear is correct, insmod gets old fast.

3. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Our gameplay is very different. I didn't want to release within the same week though. They don't seem to have much momentum going into this release. They released a new trailer a few weeks ago that didn't show much, and there doesn't seem to be much interest going around on the other sites.

4. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

Burned.

5. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

Insurgency sucks.

6. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

They're not putting effort into it because Beta 1 was not so long back. Lets face it, Empires 1.07 was a looong way back.

7. Drag

Drag Member

Insurgency caters to hard core realism players and touches political stuff. The gameplay is highly dependent on players with a great sense of battlefield awareness and patience. Everyone else will just get owned over and over and over (often spawn killed) again until they leave. Stacked teams win flag capture map in about 2 minutes. The game gives a good adrenaline rush for the first few days but then numbs down to a boring session of whack-a-insurgent.

Empires is more friendly to new players: If they have hands and get the hang of choosing engineer class they are potentially valuable for their team. And the flag capture map might appease the "foamy-mouth-gibberish-counterstrike" players long enough to beat some sense into them and make them good engineer-base-bitches.

Even if Insurgency takes players away, they will more than readily switch to empires after getting kicked in the balls a bajillion times.

But will they be ruthlessly owned in empires too by... cheap tactics... ? *mystical cue playes* :o

8. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

It's at least a week apart. Even if insurgency were to grab people's attention, after a week or so, they'll have played enough to be interested in something new.

Not to mention that the insurgency devs don't seem all that fussed about getting people's attention.

9. Opie

Opie Member

More importantly, WTF GUYS MARIO GALAXY WAS JUST RELEASED, push back the release date!

10. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

WHAT?!?!
    FUCK THIS SHIT IM OUTTA HERE.

11. picard131

picard131 Member

Thread over, we've finally spelled out why Insurgency could release on the same day as Empires and still not steal any recruits. It sucks. Nobody wants to play it anyways.

12. ^Dee^

There's more players playing insurgency than Empires.

If nothing else, though, most players left Insurgency because of the gameplay while most people left empires because of the lag :)

13. FishThePirate

FishThePirate Member

PVK II is also releasing a pretty big update this month too. 3 new classes and new combat system/melee physics. They were featured in PC Gamer not long ago.
    This is a big deal for me, atleast. I love Empires, but my real mistress is PVK.

14. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

I don't think that's fair to the developers. It has its own audience, and we should respect that.

There's plenty of room for 2 mods to release in the same week; I don't think anyone will be 'stealing' any recruits from anyone.

15. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

At least ours can aim :p

16. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

PVK 2 hasn't announced a release date or any definite plans for release.

17. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

Speak for yourself, Broccoli. I've got a van, a bottle of chloroform, a room full of computers with only empires installed on them, and lots of handcuffs. I'll get emp_recruits if it's the last thing I do--just point me to the nearest computer store.

OOOOh, and they wont get food or water till they know how to ninja a base with fireworks, either. Bathroom privileges will be rewarded on a 9-mine ninja case by case basis.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  18. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

I missed you, Lobster.

19. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Did they fix the viewpoint bug? If not, I think your statement needs to be:

The don't seem all that fussed about anything about how good their mod is.

They honestly ignored complaints on their forums about the viewpoint issue. Only when people stopped playing because of it did they look at it...at which point their response was...that they didn't know how to fix it.

20. ^Dee^

what was the viewpoint issue? The thing where player's views originate on the top of the player's head cause if so, their excuse is bullpewpy :P