Emp_urbanchaos tweaks and additions

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Varbles, Jun 14, 2012.

1. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

wow... loose a tank and beat the shit out of your self for loosing it? huh... that sounds fun.

This could probably only work if you slightly lower the costs for the tanks or slightly increase wages. most people will only ever be able to afford an apc or something like that eventually only the really good players can afford more and often.

2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

That's the (good) point, to have few tanks only.

3. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

This is a rough outline of the changes I've made so far so you guys can see:

[​IMG]

The area in red is the new sub-level route that vehicles can take. Purple is the infantry only parts of the sub-level. Blue is normal level infantry paths I've added. Black boxes show the alleyways that I've widened. White boxes are the flag cap zones (subject to change more). Yellow boxes are mini flags that only spawn ammo and/or health for the capturing team, like glycencity's res flags.

The ramp that goes from the main road right next to BE's middle flag down to the lower area north of it has been removed, and that lower area is a part of the sub-level now. The NF mid flag is now inside the building and there are two wide new pathways coming into the building from the neighboring alleyways. The ladder and stairs at the back of the BE mid flag have been switched so you get to the flag area via the stairs and neighboring alleyway via the ladder. The tunnel leading south from the garage under the BE mid flag no longer goes all the way to the ladder on the other side of the street, but meets up with the infantry area of the sub-level and goes east towards a previously pointless flight of stairs next to the main road.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  4. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

Don't want a "so far" update, release a version to try the changes so I can drop down the hammer of meaningless hate and bitching on you.

5. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

theres 2 access points to BE base, but only one to NF. and, well idk as its only red pixels, i fear that the tunnel could worsen this imballance ...

6. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Also, can you angle the vehicle factories so the face the exits? It's a pain in the ass trying to rush with the apc, only to be forced to turn it around.

7. ViroMan

it however would make it easier for the enemy to ram into your VF.

8. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Kill them before they get there,
    OR
    The mapper could place turrets in front of it.
    OR
    The mapper could go the vehicletraining way, adding forcefields that kill any enemies that try to enter the base.

9. ViroMan

The dev team is against gimmicky crap and I am totally against the force fields being used in this case. Force fields on vehicle training map was a necessity due to having heavies and arty instantly. The map would be over in 1 min.

Turrets may be ok.

Killing them before they get there is not such an easy task since they will now have two fast routes to your base. load up two apc's take two different routes.. one of them is nearly guaranteed to get through... if you still can't place engy walls.

10. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

got plans to make the monorail track accessible?

changes seem decent so far

11. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

No, I don't see any way that an overhead infantry path would be at all good for gameplay. The track serves its purpose with the pillars going down the road that provide a lot of cover in fighting there.

12. ViroMan

I keep thinking of that too... Could be cool for troop access from above.

Wasn't there another map that had a train going around in it(long ass time ago many revisions ago)... and if you were on the tracks you got ran over? err... streets of fire?(seriously I need to learn map names I don't usually give a fuck as long as its not shit. I know the shit map names.) That map with the bridge and the train rails that goes under it. I duno... maybe im thinking of a few of the old school NS maps.

13. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

theres even ladders to get up on the tracks, and given you have no cover, as long as you make it not buildable (bc of turrets) i see no real issue with people using the tracks?!

14. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

You are all dumb. Stop it.

15. ViroMan

you know.... dumb is a communicable disease. Care to sit and chat with us?

16. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I believe that the map Viroman is talking about is an oldoldold version of streetsoffire that was too laggy to handle.

17. ViroMan

was the map laggy or the engine of the time? BRING IT BACK I SAY!

18. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I think it was a version from the 1.08 RCs. I never participated in those but I did try tracking down that version, but never managed to find it sadly.

19. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Give walls back

20. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Would it be possible to replace the crap looking trees with rappemongos trees? (They might not be the right size but it'd be worth a look)

Also rotating the vehicle factories (even slightly) would be really helpful for getting APC's out.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012