emp_smokies

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Cyber-Kun, Feb 2, 2009.

1. OuNin

OuNin Member

I love the map, but I get a bit sluggish performance looking westward from NF's start-ish area.

I just don't think people know how to play it.

2. OuNin

OuNin Member

Also, are the tunnels in the west useful for anything besides being one of those infantryman who hide out in the wilderness thinking the war hasn't ended?

3. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

Its pretty nice, pretty fun, but the resources need to be scaled up. Maybe add more nodes too.

Also the waterfall definitely needs to be changed.
    I made a waterfall once for an empires map and it looked like this:

[​IMG]

I used a waterfall texture from CS:S made by someone named Shiroko
    The texture and a prefab I made are here http://www.mediafire.com/?zednojaizwd
    It would look better if it used that texture IMO.

4. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

Quick, feedback. Is there any?

5. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

resource scaling up, possibly remove the useless cave(noob magnet), that's about it, o and yeah that waterfall is awesome, i was gunna give cyber the same texture, Shiroko allows all to use her/his stuff as long as credit is given

6. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

played the new one yesterday cyber, little bit of feedback for ya:

- the ref in the SW corner spawns too high up, so the crates are like 3 feet off the ground (as nf, dunno bout BE)

maybe the SW area could me made a little bigger (again)? as nf I tried to place a vf there, but had to recycle my rax to try and do it... (and then that situation got a little messy when I died) ... the same thing happened to the BE comm they told me, they moved their rax to try and get a vf up in that corner, but we killed em all while their rax was down so... dunno if vfs will fit easily in there is my point.

- aaaaanddd, ive asked you before, but you want feedback so I'll ask again... wwwhhhhaaaaattt is the point of having the east half of the map a complete clusterfuck? why oh why cant it be more or less like the west half (which I love)??? it almost seems like you just got lazy and didnt bother to define areas in the east, and were content with just... a place no one ever gooooeeesss???? I beg you to bring the goodness of the west half to the east half. this will also make your awesome lake visible from farther away, and it will look badassssss... maybe over there you could put a small dock and a boathouse or something, to add to that whole 'state park' thing posted above...

anyway, long post is long. please consider this stuff cyber.

7. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i turned around a corner with a tank and fell in a lake, as soon as i saw the water i was already in it and unable to retrace my steps due to cliff

:( this was at middle

8. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

Add water to the minimap or this will happen too often.

9. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Fix minimap.
    More scaleable hills.
    Connect cave or remove.
    Make waterfall not look like ass.
    Remove ALL of your stupid CFG edits, it plays fine with stock player multiplier.
    ???????
    PROFIT