emp_mvalley

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by D.D.D. Destroyer, Jan 10, 2018.

1. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

emp_mvalley.jpg

We have intercepted communications indicating that Brenodi forces are spearheading their assault into our territory - Moorkopf Valley's dam is a critical economic point for us, and if we don't hold it the Imperial forces will essentially sever our production capabilities. As such, holding the dam will provide a healthy amount of income at a minimal cost to human resources. The rest of the Valley is wide open with limited natural cover and a prime stage for our vehicles. We can also use the old ramshackle bridges either to cross the deep rivers or ambush Imperial tanks trying to do just that. Buckle up, this fight is key to our cause.

Objective: Build refineries to gain resources and build up your army. The dam resource node generates double the amount of resources. Then destroy the Brenodi Command Vehicle, or destroy all barracks (removing any place to spawn) and kill all members of the enemy team.

Striking deep into enemy territory, our goal on this mission is to secure this area by any means necessary. Doing that will cripple the Jekotian economy and shift the power in Imperial favour. However, it's not only the dam that makes the Valley economically interesting - the open fields to the north contain many natural resource seams and offer excellent visibility, making surprise attacks substantially more difficult than usual. However, the rivers dividing the area are deceitfully deep - attempting a crossing will almost assuredly end in a sunken vehicle. Beware of the small wooden bridges as well - they are easily the best ambush points in the entire Valley.

Objective: Build refineries to gain resources and build up your army. The dam resource node generates double the amount of resources. Then destroy the Northern Faction Command Vehicle, or destroy all barracks (removing any place to spawn) and kill all members of the enemy team.

Mvalley is a large classic map, featuring plenty of open space for vehicle combat, a series of small connector bridges between various sections of the map, and a compact infantry-focused fighting zone. Historically, this is one of the best and most played Empires maps. This is an official thread for it.

Post your feedback below, be it opinions, suggestions, or stories from games played on the map.

2. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

On mvalley the Dam is a strategic location that cannot be ignored. However most of us have come to realise that being the squad that goes to the Dam can be a chore.
    It either results in camping inside for the entire game, or a grinding slow push on the top part similar to what you would experience on an infantry map such as District.

In order to make the "Dam Experience" more enjoyable changes have to be made, here are my suggestions:

1. Going for a swim:
    The small reservoir of water at the back of the Dam is walled off by invisible clips, I am proposing to remove those clips and add some stairs or ladders to make it possible to flank through the water. I would also like to see the ability to swim down to the pipes going across the Dam and end up being pushed to the front of the Dam by the water.

2. Just go in:

There are a total of six entrances to the Dam, however three of these can be closed off with indestructible doors, and the remaining three are impractical for a proper breach. A simple change would be to make the closable doors destructible, with some effort. Maybe even make some other part of the Dam destructible?

3. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Mvalley has some odd things that I rarely get to see used, and it makes me think of a suggestion because it's not the only map with that.

Wasn't there a version of mvalley that flooded the map if dam got destroyed? Honestly I would love that, breaking dam floods the lower level so tanks can only use the top, which also restricts building placements. It helps tighten the end game a bit but still leaves a lot of options for infantry which can cross the water. If that can't happen because lol source I would appreciate being able to go into the water on dam like mr x said.

4. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Yeah, it's something that many of us have wanted to see. But the question remains, how do you destroy the Dam? Which part(s) of it would need to be destroyed?