emp_hazard

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Blight, Apr 29, 2008.

1. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

16 is huge with littel detail, 4 is ideal for displacements if you want nice shadows on them. Only use this on smaller displacements tho. Ive never used as high as 128, does it give any detail at all?

Are you still getting ugly lightspot blotches on your displacements? If this happens in a lot of places use this:
    in your compile parameters, it will get rid of the blotches and save you from cutting up all of your displacements which will greatly increase your filesize.

Also, Hammer will automatically set your lightmap scales for you according to displacement size, but afaict RAD will round these up to the nearest power anyway. So if you set a lightmap scale to 8, and hammer automatically adjusts it to 11 because of the size of the displacement, then VRAD will round it to 16 when you compile.

2. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

any linky's for this?

3. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

Conquest version:i currently have this map and have no clue how to make the last objective.

If you want, blight released the vmf for a few days, who ever wants a shot at it, send me a pm

Commander Version: i think you can still get it on his ftp

4. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

As far as I remember SourceForts developers said something about their problems with buildcubemaps on their blog/news site.

5. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

where the hell is rc6........

6. Omneh

Omneh Member

On emp4all.

7. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

n/m found it.