emp_fogtown

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Icely, Aug 23, 2009.

1. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

I have only played the map twice now, I dont know wtf is what with the vehicle spawns and bleeding, but the map is hella fun IMO. I like the way you do urban, open but directed.

Lets talk jones!

2. my_fat_monkey

my_fat_monkey Oh you're my sister!

Yea this map is now one of my fav's for urban combat, i especially love the rooftop sniping that actually WORKS.

Besides, nothing beats parachuting down on 2 guys, shotguning them both in the FACE before sticking it to the medium tank facing the other way... GOD that was fun!

3. Icely

Icely Member

Fog Town beta 5 is finally up and available for download.

The biggest change is the addition of tunnels along the south and west of the map from each team's spawn to the infrantry only area in the southwest. There are also some small changes as well including barbed wire to the rooftops to discourage camping with HMG (you can no longer go prone on top of the knee wall you have to crouch behind it) and the removal of the heavy tanks.

Unfortunately at this point the map is running into the limits of the engine. It's currently at 97% of the maximum allowed brushes and 99% on entdata. I've been trying to figure out how to make models to replace some of the brushwork but so far XSI has me beat.

Barbed wire on the roofs and new minimap
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Tunnel from BE spawn to Park and Pay control point
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Tunnel from NF spawn to Market St control point
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Neeeecro. I started trying to entity edit this map into working. I got it to stop crashing but the vehicles aren't spawning quite correctly. If anyone has experience with vehicle spawn setups, then give me a shout. If you also have wiki-edit access on the Empires wiki, then that's a bonus.

5. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I have wiki access but, not vehicle spawn setups.. :(

6. Trickster

Edit the vehicle spawner weapon ID page, remove upgraded guided/homing, change numbers as appropriate, and write in the comment what positions they previously held. Also edit Shandy's comment to say that Improved Std cannon held slot 11.

Thanks.

7. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

this page adjusted. Look alright?

8. Trickster

Perfect, although adding Homing to your list at the bottom of previously held values, could be helpful. But perfect besides that, so thanks.

That's essentially why the map was broken, it was trying to spawn Heavy tanks with bomb bays due to the moved IDs. But whilst I have fixed it, I'm still getting some odd setups appearing, so I have some more work to do.

9. complete_

complete_ lamer

looks like somebody gave up

10. Trickster

Well if I remember rightly, I got the map working with new spawns for vehicles. The vehicles it was spawning weren't actually what I intended but at least it wasn't crashing.

The issue was, we then moved to steam and the whole texture error thing started, so the map suffered from that which made it even more broken. If someone reminds me on Steam, I'll load the semi-fixed map up on EPIC server and see how broken it is.

11. complete_

complete_ lamer

im almost positive you didnt compile it with hdr though! seeing as how ive been compiling it for the last 12 hours. the map has a fuckton of confusing entities just to spawn a medium tank, im not surprised that you didnt fix it completely. i ended up deleting all that shit and just putting my own tank configuration in

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  12. Trickster

I didn't recompile, I used entspy/entED on the Beta5 bsp, renamed to beta6 and recompiled cubemaps. I edited the vehicle indexes on the pre-existing entities. I think I still have my conversions (idk if they're still correct though) for how I tried to change them.

Actually, here they are:

Code:
    IMP APC = ok
    IMP AFV = 11 -> 10, 20 -> 19
    IMP MED = 24 -> 23, 12 -> 11
    IMP HEAVY = 29 -> 26, 12 -> 11
    IMP JEEP = ok
    NF JEEP = ok
    NF APC = 31 -> 28
    NF HEAVY = 21 -> 20, 13 -> 12
    NF MED = 20 -> 19, 13 -> 12
    NF LT = 20 -> 19
    They were originally broken by the removal of Upgraded Guided/Homing, which shifted the indexes along after a certain part.

13. Metruption

Metruption Member

So you're telling me if the map tells the game to create a jeep with a machinegun then it'll create a jeep with a machinegun?

14. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Yes. And light tanks can be created with nukes. Or airplane bombs. With 6 plates of Command Vehicle Armour. That works as a spawn point.

15. complete_

complete_ lamer

anyone who has played a harryhoot map knows this

16. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i thought we dont talk about harryhoot maps ^^

17. Metruption

Metruption Member

emp_metrojeep will one day become a reality