Elder Scrolls Online

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by -MEG- hobbes, Jun 10, 2014.

1. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

been playing a few days. kind of lame for an elder scrolls game and as a MMO. pretty fun all around if you have friends. i have tried to engage others in this mediocrity, no takers. so anybody here playing this? my username is hobbesCO and i'm currently playing as "hubris the nub" (i mis-spelled my own amalgamation), an imperial level 6 dragonknight.

2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I heard it was mediocre, but I haven't played myself. I'm not into MMos right now thouhg.

3. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I ignore besthsda products, especially if it was developed by a team that is not them, and I ignore games that demand money every month.

Joe pretty much confirmed how bad it was, those preorder bonuses completely broke the entire point of the lore and faction shit, you can't rob people blind, you can't fuck around with the terrain and get into places you shouldn't be.

The ball they dropped, hit like a meteor.

When I got into the beta, I noticed it had my email plastered all over my screen. It made me laugh because you can screen emails and people will still find out how broken your shit is.
    The game just felt terrible, it was worse than wildstar in terms of shitty story telling and fucked up pvp mechanics.

Go play Guild wars if you want a somewhat decent pvp experience, I can't name any on the top of my head that are mmo's and not competitive games.

4. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

So you don't like Wildstar?

5. BigTeef

Wildstar is the best its going to get for awhile.

I don't think anyone can do balanced pvp in mmo formats because they are always entirely fucked because of so many variables, content and item builds in mmo's.
    And if you made it simple, it will get bland and boring fast, so that's why Mobas are the new flavor because they take the context of pvp in mmo's and put it in a competitive setting instead of a free form battle ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IgVS9yNFGg

The game is good if you want to have fun but avoid pvp.
    Don't go in expecting stories and seriousness.
    The whole thing uses sensitive targeting instead of point click and mash buttons.
    Its still mash buttons but the mouse isent for clicking, you just use it to control the camera.
    Or to interact with items if you dont use the "use" key.

This another reason why I prefer smite over other mobas because of the sensitive context of controls, and the easy to understand builds and playstyles.
    Smite is one of the games where the support can carry and tank at the same time, depending on their build and what character they are playing as.
    Not to mention it gives that old-school world of warcraft feel they we remember from the days where we were naive and didn't understand video-games.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  6. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I have to say, I enjoy his videos. Something I noticed is that it reminds of dragons nest, but there is nothing to show where the enemy is going to hit or even where your attacks are going to hit. Not to mention the lag which causes their hit area to be way bigger than it should appear. Was fun though.

I can't get excited about this elderscrolls mmo. I kinda like how isolated the series can be at times. Seeing someone yell random obscenities is kinda off putting.

7. McGyver

8. BigTeef

And you're not?

9. McGyver

10. BigTeef