E3 2014

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BigTeef, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

I noticed they added hammerhead sharks. I hope they bring back the "surpise muthafucka" Grizzlys from Red Dead Redemption along with that.

In the mean time here's a picture of eth0 & I taking selfies on Christmas.
    [​IMG]

Also Metal Gear Solid 5

2. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

GTA: probably going to end up on PC, oh wait they announced that today.
    Last of us: lol
    Red Dead Redemption/Uncharted: good games, and I do intend to get a PS3 eventually. But a PS4? Yeah, no. Not to mention the first thing I would do with a PS3 is use the online store to buy Grandia for 6 dollars. SIX. DOLLARS. I would buy a new system just for the perks of getting a few extra games and not having to spend ~$100 on a PS1 game.
    Halo: Did you play Halo 4? Cause I played Halo 4. I ain't prepared to be disappointed for the 400-some dollars or whatever the hell it would ultimately cost me.
    And then they announced this Halo collection. Impressed that they managed to fit all 4 games on one disc, with the two early games being remastered. A pretty good move on their part. Still too costly a system for me to get an Xboner.

Gears: They're still making these? Huh.

Also, did you know that you can get a WiiU (refurbished) for $200 directly from Nintendo AND it comes with a game? May be America and Canada only though.

Nintendo to show some new projects tomorrow. Sounds good to me.

Good to see that the people behind Magicka haven't lost their slightly unusual sense of humor.

Lets do some numbers!
    Far Cry: 4
    Uncharted 4
    Little Big Planet 3
    Dragon Age: Inquisiton (I think this would be #3?)
    Assassin's Creed: Unity (not even gonna attempt to count this shit) - they mentioned something about seamlessly going in and out of a building. Does this mean Metroid Prime-esque loading techniques? Cool if it does.
    Star Wars Battlefront 3 (didn't even show anything, just a tech demo of two walkers and people talking)
    CoD: Advanced Warfare (#9,001, Advanced if you mean people have to be creative since they've run out of ways to call each other faggots)
    Dead Island 2
    Mortal Kombat X (that's 10)
    Metal Gear Solid: 5
    Mirror's Edge 2
    Titanfall 2 <- just rumors, but this better be a joke
    Last of Us remastered on PS4... remastered. This is a game that came out literally only 1 year ago in five days.
    Rise of the Tomb Raider - does this count as #2 since it was a sort of reboot? I don't even know.

As soon as I see something from Nintendo it's going on this list. Also a lot of these are very far off in the future.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  3. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

So, GTA V and Last of us coming to PS4, any news of GTA V for PC somewhere?

4. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Here's a thing.

Unrelated: Civilization Beyond Earth. The dude on the left looks like he's got a sour candy in his mouth and is getting jabbed by needles off screen. I swear I see the beginnings of tears in his eyes a couple times during the video.
    [​IMG]

5. McGyver

6. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Man I love the civ games, I have been waiting for an Alpha centauri game since 4.

Also thank you Jon, you understand my pain.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t_Co0gfj18
    are you excited for a new conker game?
    FUCK YOU, MAKE IT YOURSELF!

7. Drag0wn

Drag0wn Member

I miss the good 'ol days of Bioware making good RPGs on DnD mechanics, like Neverwinter Nights or KotOR.

Then they lost d20 license and started making shitty rehashes of their old games.;)

Not excited for these games, really. There's a reason I'm here:rolleyes:

8. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

you mean premium?

9. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I know that no console or PC will be able to make the game look as good as it does in that trailer, but fuck me GTA V looks gorgeous.

10. McGyver

Yeah right...

11. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Just wait a month for based pc mods.

Im worried about battlefront. Never played it myself, but two things make me worry
    1) they will turn into int oanother stat grinder bullshit
    2) their trailer is really worrying, where they claim to be talented and experienced, yet the way they treat battlefield 4, their fucking flagship franchise, proves otherwise
    3)Mechs with custom painjobs because fuck consistency

I'd like to blast some fools, but you know its gonna be shit like everyone running around with single munchkin weapon loadouts, because we cant have good balance in games anymore. E-11 with anti saber desert camo, holo grip and xenon laser bullshit incoming.

W3's gameplay was somewhat weird. You seem to be able to chug potions at will which is great and jumping, even if it currently looks jsut silly, really helps with not making traversing the terain a chore. The dialogue seemed really out of placed though. The woman was awfully calm considerig not a minute ago she was about to get killed/raped by bandits, who are now literally cut to pieces. The cutscene ending is obviously a trailer only thing, I dont get it why people dont see that.

Ubisofts conference was godawful. I dont know who the chick is, but when you are 180+, you dont need fucking 15 cm heels to go with that. Jokes were bad. Most the games were meh. FC4 redoes the whole "lol heres a villian that seems to be interesting, but we will screw up the character in game" Also, "We at ubisoft like to start big and get bigger". Which is why after apparenlty much hyped fc4 they show yet another fucking dance game.

12. Z100000M

Lets remake the great adventure games of old windows.... ON PS4!!

what the fuck man

13. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Yeah I don't believe that for a second.

14. Z100000M

Neither do I , its obviously pre rendered and shit.

15. McGyver

Every exclusive counts in the marketing game. And Grim Fandango deserves another round in the spotlight.

16. BigTeef

[​IMG]

Tell me, do you spend time with your family?

17. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

No, I don't. Should I?

18. BigTeef

[​IMG]

Because a man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man.

19. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

Not really impressed with The Division's engine. Everything they've shown (maybe apart from the procedural destruction with the bullet impacts) has already been there and can be done with UE 4 for example.

Not really impressing stuff this year.

20. McGyver

And PlayStation TV helps with that?