E3 2014

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BigTeef, Jun 9, 2014.

1. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Last of us game play was not that amazing. I don't know a thing about RDR except for a few short multiplayer clips, but Call of Juarez was great and in the same setting. Uncharted is probably cool but again, I haven't seen much of it. Would probably make for a good watch in a LP. GTA isn't that compelling for me, Saints Row stole my heart already. Halo was never my thing, again the story might be nice but multiplayer doesn't get me excited. Gears of War is on the same boat.

Zelda, on the other hand....

2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Uncharted series is a pretty good watch on this channel
    https://www.youtube.com/user/ChipCheezumLPs?feature=watch

3. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I'm with Senor, the only thing I really care about is whatever nintendo is putting out. Essentially Smash Bros, cause I want to smash with my bros when it's released.

Please spartacus GTA and Red Dead are going to be released to PC. Eventually. We can only hope.

And gears of war isn't really that amazing of a game. You don't need uncharted when you have Unearthed.

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

Oh cool, maybe I'll watch this.

5. D.D.D. Destroyer

You can get PAYDAY 2 exclusive E3 masks on humblebundle.com now.

6. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

So much innovation and re-definement of series/genres, I can't even handle it.

Dragon age 3 is the only thing I wanna play and I can't even get hyped for it, it didn't look that good.

7. Z100000M

What makes you interested in da3? I have to say, as much as i like dao, da2 was a giant fuckup of a game. Also, the only info im ever getitng on the game is that the fanfic level "romance script" is x pages thick and speculation on the amount of characters you can have gay sex with.
    I want to get some new rpgs, but bioware seems to think that instead of interesting mechanics, we would rather enjoy a medieval soap opera and im not okay with this.

8. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

9. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I like rpgs and I like the world they created. That's about it.

But yeah it feels like they focus too much on this romance thing in their newer games and it's pretty awkward.

10. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

all this 3deep5u indie shit is terrible. "first on xbox" so they aren't even true exclusives. Where are the real games.

11. Z100000M

I still do not understand why exclusives appeal to people. How is being an exclusive to x platform a boon to a game exactly? Does it somehow makes one more special to play the game that will be played by another 6 million people rather than 12?

12. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

No, it means there's no point to favouring one console than the other because all or most consols (I'm including 360 and PS3 here) will also get the game. I'm pointing out that Microsoft is not doing too well trying to sell Xbones if the only perk is getting games earlier than other consoles, and that's what E3 is about, trying to sell your products.

13. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Still waiting for a new black and white, the new fable game is probably the best change to get away from peters bullshit.

It doesn't look so mystical like when peter pitched it, but it looks interesting by throwing dungeon master into the mix.

Now next was project spark, cool looks nice.
    Then I got mad when they put Conker on screen telling me 10 years without a new game, we will have to make our own.

Go fuck yourselves Microsoft.

14. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

15. ImSpartacus

16. ImSpartacus

I'M CUMMING

Srsly though, I want Halo 3 PC.

We have Halo 5 coming out next year, throw me a fucking bone.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  17. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Looks sort of onpar with modern graphics for the first time in years. Also, sound is actually decent this time. MP will probably still be the same regurgitated shit like every year.

18. ImSpartacus

And by "regurgitated shit", you mean an genre-defining style that will literally go down in history as a turning point in FPS multiplayer?

19. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

If they released that Halo collection on PC I'd might buy into it. A remastered Halo 2 is pretty awesome.

On release the graphics will probably look inferior to the conference graphics.

CoD has played like Goldeneye or Quake since the first MW, except you die from less bullets and no bunnyhopping. I doubt they are ever going to change the arcade arena fps formula.

20. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Wow what a great conference by sony, we can do social stuff, watch youtube, and guess what they announced RATCHET AND CLANK.......the movie and some visual novel western style comic book whatever.

Where are the games, where is Persona and Disgaea.

edit:It's happening.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014