Dropship question

Discussion in 'General' started by m-m, Jan 20, 2008.

1. m-m

m-m Member

Ok I had a question about the dropship, I recall reading that the infantry/tanks are dropped in large pods, now does this mean that the dropship launchs a single pod that becomes a forward base or will it be like a setup where.

1Driver
    Either 8 slots for infantry pods
    Or one tank slot

And everyone gets their own pod, on one hand, if everyone gets their own pod, it allows for more concentrated attacks, but people can bail out whenever and screw things up, on the other, a forward base doesn't do much if people are too preoccupied with other things.

Can someone inform me? Thanks

:D M-M :D

2. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Dropships will be able to house people and/or transport vehicles. No idea on the forward base thing

3. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

What about holding an APC, then having people spawn in the APC, then dropping the spawned? It would disadvantage the dropship by not being able to hold a real vehicle.

4. Beerdude26

Wut

Really I didn't get your point

5. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

The Dropship carries an APC, so the players spawn in the APC while its still in the dropship to circumvent the whole anti-flying-spawnpoint business.

6. m-m

m-m Member

Personallly I'd just like to see paratroopers or some kind of airborne class in the game, I think it'd a add a different style to the game, plus 5 is cooler then 4 so yeah...

7. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

Maybe a button in the pilot seat that ejects all the guys in the dropship at once?

8. m-m

m-m Member

Thats what I thought about, but whats to stop some jackass or a newb accidantly hitting the eject button over a field of turrets :\

9. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

A kickban.

10. m-m

m-m Member

This is true.

I am severly hoping for a system like that, I still cannot stress enough how I do not see what is wrong with parachutes or some kind of jetpack to slow your fall to the ground, as it would make it so much easier, but regardless, I figure if it goes the way you thought it'll be, when you enter the dropship you automatically enter one of the pods somwhere in the ship, while in the air the Pilot presses e or somthing and ejects all the pods, I had questions about it though.

How are the pods going to manage phyiscs wise? How do you even get out of them for that matter? Maybe you could have it so the pods are veichles themselves....Hmm...Thoughts?

11. Androc

Androc Member

12. SgtCiof

SgtCiof Member

Forget dropship! I wanna jump from teh BLIMPZ!
    Holy crap I just had an awesome idea.
    We need suicide blimps filled with hydrogen and High Explosives! I want the Hindenburg X100!!!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  13. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

14. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Gief a screenshot on one of these blimbs!

15. Beerdude26

I'd give you a preview but it's 8.15 megs

16. m-m

m-m Member

That's what i'm also considering, how can we jump from blimps in big boxs? I can see a BE soldier kicking his box forward and eventually getting it off the blimp but thats just kinda.......Yeah.. kthxbai thing. I reeeaaaalllly wanna see a paratrooper class, that'd be so awesome, and it'd fit into maps where you couldn't have air because they could be forces that were called in but used on the ground or were in the sorrounding area,

From a dev point of view

Pros to a paratrooper class

Less Codeing
    One more class in the game
    Easier way to put in jumping out of airfract/blimps

Those are just the top 3 off the top of my head

The cons would be

More modeling/textures to put in.

That's pretty much the only con I could think of, maybe adjusting the dropships to be able to hold the people inside, personally I wont be surprised if the dropship has to land to let out the people, but I would hope not, even if the people who want paras or jetpacks in the game dont get it, I'll still stick with the box idea if it can be put in the game right.

I just personally dont see how the box idea is gonna work though, the best way I could see it coming out is, the people load up into the aircraft, it flies around for abit, then the pilot can eject everyone and instead of the men being in pre-made boxs, it spawns the boxs with the soldiers in them, I dont see it any other way then having the dropship have a huge backdoor which unloads the boxs xD.

17. Beerdude26

I'm going to PM this to Krenzo just to see how he'll react

18. petemyster

petemyster Member

hehehe, like the jumpack infrantry out of tiberium sun

19. m-m

m-m Member

xD, I'm sure there is more to it, but I think it'd just be easier overrall to simply do it that way.

20. m-m

m-m Member