Draw-on whiteboard map.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Aquillion, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

the individual lines from where the commander presses the mouse to where he unpresses it should be considered "objects" so that when the "eraser" is out, he just clicks the line and the whole line disappears. that's important because having to "scrub" things out is difficult, time consuming and can delete things that did not want deleting.

each player needs the ability to, with a hotkey, turn the lines off. this is so lines which interupt their view do not get in the way

preferably the lines would be translucent so that they don't hide data underneath them.

the lines would either dissapear or need to scale when the player zooms in on the minimap.

yeah it'd be a lot of work.

2. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

i think little iCons drawn at 50% dencity. that the com clicks and drags in to place on the map might be more efective, and less abuseable.
    Hear are some exsamples.
    [​IMG]
    -Defend this area
    -Fortify this area
    -Mine this area

This benifits the defensive players more then the offensive. Because an area's defencive benifits don't change much through the match. attack prioritys should be assigned in real time as the need arises.

3. Sherbie

Sherbie Member

I imagine a footballteam-like pre-game discussion with a whiteboard to be awesome, it allows much more flexibility and even without a mic the comm can give his troups some nice ammounts of info like that.

Also, the potential for fun with this feature is endless...
    Game lost and comm about to die? Big frown drawn on the map. :P
    Non serious game? Just spell it out on the map! "its jeep tiems nao"
    Oh and finally the comm has something awesome to when he's not needed, I'd train to be the best pokemon master commander just to be able to draw the map full with helpful and humorous pointers. :P

"You need to place mines on the areas with powderkegys attack the ones where I drew a pirate with an eyepatch, and those with parrots need to be defended! YARGH"

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  4. arklansman

arklansman Member

Dubeechu, I choose YOU!

5. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Ah, no need to wallspam anymore :D
    add!

6. Vaun

Vaun Member

Needs color codabillity, "put walls along white lines, mines on red lines, move to the blue circle by following the green lines" something like that so people dont get confused, and its easier than trying to tell them what you want them to do in the area of the symbol, easier to code/implement, and you can still doodle if you want.

7. Inceptor

Inceptor Member

I've detected multiple signs of massive Covenant profanity.

Good idea, I like it. Besides, they can always eject the comm or stop playing, since its an M-rated game. (Actually, it should be rated Teen since its not that violent)

8. Sherbie

Sherbie Member

Seriously, we need this!