Double drop weekend on Warframe

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by D.D.D. Destroyer, May 21, 2015.

1. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

These neural sensors, litterally everything needs them and you can't access them ... now I'm sitting on archwing blueprints, kamas blueprint and the blueprint for that weird heat sword you get super early and can't finish either. :pathetic:

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to the grind, I hope you enjoy your stay.

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

In 3 hours, we can go kill the Jupiter boss a few Times. I hope. Don't quote me on this. I'm not sure.

I used the double drop weekend for farming neural sensors only, got a stock of like, 50 :D

4. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Well...yeah xD I had mostly levelled weapons, and it's not really the weapons themselves but the mods you put on them that help. Like pressure point for melee just bumps your damage by 120%. So you're instantly doing double damage once you can fit it on (and the mod is levelled up).

Do you have a wireless keyboard? Do you have the box checked "hold space to wall run" on? Maybe if it's being funky you could uncheck that, and I assume that means you'll need to press space when you start wall-running and when you want to stop. Otherwise...it might just be a case of tweaking other settings and your setup...and getting the hang of it.

Like DDD I have about 45 of them now. I was doing a mission recently where I was just running through and somehow kept getting one or two. I can't remember which one though :/

Also...didn't you just start? It took me ages to actually build my archwing. Heck, I didn't even get to the quest until after a while. And I never built the heat sword...I don't think it's really that worth it, considering you have the heat damage mod anyway. Tbh, it's probably better to just sell that and buy a different blueprint from the market. Lots of weapons don't need neural sensors.

5. Lazybum

No it's a wired key board. You are right I may need to practice it but I have some trouble with it because how far you jump off at the end of a wall run doesn't seem super consistent. Doesn't help that sometimes it runs straight up the wall, along the wall, or fall even though I'm not terribly at a different angle. Still, the more I play with it the easier it gets, though it still sometimes goof when it feels like it wasn't exactly my fault.

When I played titanfall controls were tight as hell, I never had to play with it to get a feel for it if that makes any sense. So it's a bit of a shock to deal with it here when it felt so natural before. Like when you drive an empire tank then go play battlefield, it just feels a bit jarring.

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

Devstream #53 told me that they are working on Parkour 2.0, but it's still WIP.

And I can confirm that the heat sword is not amazing, but the heat dagger is awesome.

7. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Too late, besides, it costs 1 neural sensor, my go to melee weapon now took 5 to build and if i want to upgrade it to dual kamas to level later i need to build another on of these with another whooping 5 neural sensors ...

the archwing quest drops from reaching mastery lvl 2, then its just a "retrieve cordinates" and depending on your luck 1 to 50 times the same excavation mission until you have all the blueprints, not too hard to archive really, building it on the other hand needs a neural sensor ...

8. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

So, generally you need to be facing to the side in order to wall run in that direction. If you face forward you'll just go up, and if you're not sideways enough you'll go up. Usually I take at least a metre or so of a run up to it and that usually helps.

Sometimes you fall down because once you're wallrunning you're looking down with your mouse. Even if you start looking up the warframe doesn't recover and you just end up in the abyss, so...there's that.

Occasionally it'll mess up, though. But I still get it wrong like 30% of the time tbh.

I guess I was just had a little more "live within your means" approach. Apart from my bow. I went straight for that, although it turned out straight at the wrong planet order >.>

I left the archwing lying dormant for ages. I think I had 4 or 5 planets finished before I finally got it done. I still don't have a lot of neurodes though, which I need to build a bunch of things. And argon which apparently degrades over time >.>

To be honest, I played a lot by myself before I really spent time with anyone else. A lot of times people seem to just jump in and have someone advanced show them the ropes, but...I found it was a lot better getting to grips with things at my own pace to begin with.

9. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

I did it so I can play the archwing missions, as a team. You make it sound like I'm too lazy to grind it, while I simply don't want to spend the time to get to a point where I can play multiplayer without having to sit out some of the missions until months when the warframe hype is dead again.

10. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Well if I made it sound like that, it's not what I was going for. I guess I just didn't have anyone waiting on me to do that, and since it was only one node per planet, I guess I didn't think about it. My archwing is barely levelled tbh.

I really haven't been doing any grinding either...I mean unlocking sectors, sure, but I didn't really get very far with that actually.

And I didn't realise there was warframe hype atm, either, lol. Dopey me xD

Edit: Forget it. My posts have been too lazy recently and I haven't been able to communicate what I mean at all, so just forget it.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  11. D.D.D. Destroyer

I just generated some hype by inviting you for Saturday, it's really that easy :rolleyes:

12. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Btw, does anyone have any Forma?

13. D.D.D. Destroyer

Not for trade, we can hit up the Void and look for some tonight if you want to though :rolleyes:

14. D.D.D. Destroyer

Request: If anyone is still not finished with the Patient Zero questline, please do it with me. I forgot to scan the final enemy for my Codex and can't get it on my own anymore.

15. D.D.D. Destroyer

Anyone interested in playing this during the weekend again? Last time was really fun.

16. Lazybum

Uhh, maybe. I have a bunch of work to do all weekend during the mornings, but I think I can pop in later.

17. D.D.D. Destroyer

"Guys I'm lasing X"

*DDD runs into X, dies cut in half*

18. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Not that I can play much, but Warframe just implemented the new movement system they were developing, along with a bunch of other updates. Seems like a pretty awesome update! :D

19. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

My favorite part of the update is the fact that shotguns now launch enemies over the horizon upon death. As someone who only uses shotguns this pleases me. Now if only I could be arsed to unlock the rest of the planets.

20. D.D.D. Destroyer

How many did you unlock? IMO Warframe gets fun around Uranus and later.