Donations

Discussion in 'General' started by LordDz, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

If you want to donate, then lets pool together for a vbulletin4 license.

2. meg griffin

meg griffin Member

I will donate for sure if:

1. There is a system in place for it. (so i can use a paypal or credit card.

2. There is a clear understanding of what the money is going to be used for.

3. Clear accountability of what has happened with the donations.

Empires has fucked up my life already so its time to return the favor ;)
    I was thinking a few months ago of contributing either developing or something else but my schedule is fucking crazy so donations would be easier for me.

3. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

There _is_ a donate button somewhere hidden on this page. I will also donate for a forum upgrade if i get some bonus for it. Like a special title. And immunity to admin abuse.

4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i think that was on the old page mcgyver

5. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Not even the admins are immune to admin abuse /bans Empty

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I'm going to check the payment options on vbulletin, as well as if I can set up an American paypal account from the UK. And check if we can actually upgrade this with the access available to this hosting, as well as hopefully finding out if it'll break anything.

7. Empty

Empty Member

Actually I can't ban anyone of equal or higher rank than me.
    Dunno if admins can ban admins but I doubt it, makes sense as a security feature, only the root admin should be able to remove/promote/ban admins.

8. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

I am banned on Paypal :rolleyes:

If u set up an account, make it so credit card payments can be done without a paypal account. The paypal billing for minecraft had that f. ex.

9. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

is your name julian? ;)

10. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

:D :D :D :D

not really. Some Brazilian company tried to get 10 $ from my account. I have never heard of that company before and hadn't bought anything around that time it happened using paypal. Paypal of course denied the transaction, but also limited my account. Only way to get full control of my account again would have been to send them bank statements, water bills with my name on, pictures of my erected penis etc. After 4 month of trying to get my account working again, I closed it. Now I use simple credit card payments for online shopping, it's just as unsafe as paypal.

11. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Paypal limited my account several times (did transactions from within foreign/3rd world countries) but I simply sent them the same picture of my passport over and over. It's the only thing I have digitally and seems to be good enough for them as well.

I don't know whether theres different levels of account suspension, I've never had any problems anyway.

12. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Trickster, you can probably email them a question about setting up the account under empires name, and having a limited number of users with different logins able to access the account (like Sgt Muffin, Krenzo, or yourself, which would allow you 3 to set up things for webhosting, domain name and money for vbulletin.)

Then again, I dont think a monthly thing is a good idea, just the one time upgrade our forums kinda thing.

13. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

It would just be a one-time thing. I haven't had chance to speak to anyone about it and I probably won't until about Thursday, after which I can hopefully see if it's possible to set the ball rolling.

14. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Yeah it would be nice if we could set up some pool to finally upgrade this forum. Every day its running on this version is a liability :/