Does it ever bore you when...

Discussion in 'General' started by recon, May 23, 2010.

1. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

If they are actually skilled players they will enjoy the challenge and switch teams. You sitting in spec is stupid. Be proactive and join losing team and tell the other skilled players that if they want a GG to join and help. Stackers are not skilled that's why they need to stack to have fun.

2. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Agreed. Sometimes though, the level of fail gets too high, and I sit out a round.

3. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Happens when the stacked team is full of little divas that dont want to base bitch or build refs.

I have no problem to join one team if I see a chance but joining a team just to know that all my efforts a futile anyway doesnt entertain me.

4. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

That was on dustorm, which was an easy map to ninja on.
    Also, that was almost pure chance.
    I didn't even have sound that round, and I didn't even notice you laying mines until I was getting ready to shoot a mortar into the back of the cv.
    It's coincidental enough that you were there; now imagine the possibility of a third non noob gren being there who would've helped me mine up the cv instead of randomly shooting it and detonating the mines.

5. recon

recon SM Support Dev

That ^

6. OuNin

OuNin Member

empires needs a third team with a buff apc that fights both teams

7. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I always join the losing team unless i'm commanding.

Depending on why they're losing, I might just do all that base bitching work that is all they need to have a fighting chance, or I might try to rally the team and give it direction (i'm pretty vocal these days), or go gren and end up with barrels of points in a few minutes - winning teams always get sloppy which sometimes means we can bleed the team of its' resources and come back.

Recently i've used the scout a few times to slip past and take out a secondary base, so we can regain our foothold.

In Empires one player can always make a difference, especially most of the people posting in this thread. There's no real point in making a thread just 'cos you can't be bothered to all the time. Who are you justifying yourself to?

8. gezor

gezor Member

so 3/4 of all vets and clanners are unskilled? EPIC, JPL, BSID, CW, vets in general ... most of them stack.

not all, but many games are simply pubbers vs vets. thats just pathetic and ruins the game for newbs and ppl who like fair play.

apparently not ...

9. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Wait, what? CW don't stack. Yeah, I said it.

10. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Truth be told, if I join a server and a team is losing, I'll always try to go on that team. Being able to turn it around on your own is very very VERY difficult. It may only happen once every 20 times you try. But it's worth all the previous times it didn't work when it actually does. I NEVER join the winning team if the game has already started. It's just no challenge. I would prefer to help a team hold out until the last second possible, rather than help a team steamroll the other. Even if I don't get other EPIC's to join me (albeit Youzy can usually be relied to come help me).

11. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Its fun being on the losing side, because its quite a challenge, especially when it becomes the equal as the other side side it makes you feel acomplished, plus theres more action on the losing side.

12. Aeoneth

Aeoneth Member

havent been on lately but I used to join the losing team.... mainly to try and get better at headshooting and not being head shot

13. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

No because I don't look at the scoreboard.

But the general idea is why team games suck.

14. recon

recon SM Support Dev

CW are staxors :P

15. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Do you know what really pisses me off, when the enemy team rushes apcs for example and im the fuck only gren in the team. Why did I go grenadier cause its obvious that no one else will. Like every fuck game. You only get grenadiers if you are on the stacked team. The rest of the player base doesnt get the concept that you can fucking kill enemy vehicles best with that class.

16. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

It takes half a team to match me.

I don't understand.

17. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

This

It took 10 minutes of Quakewars to make me lose interest. I'm still playing empires 4 years later, lol

18. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Scout leads a squad with enough squad points to use all the mentioned abilities. Scout leader uses squad hide to help engie sneak in. Scout stays back to lower chances of detection. Scout uses squad hide as many times as necessary until engineer is in position. Scout passes squad leader to engineer. Engineer squad revives 3 grenadiers. Grens start mining.

It can be difficult to get that much co-operation in a pub game, but it is possible.

If enough people will work with you, consider having dead riflemen dead and ready to join your squad and be revived as soon as the grenadiers are revived, so they can cover.

19. gezor

gezor Member

nice plan. chance that it works in a pub game: >1%
    u need at least 5 skilled players u know on your team, all in vent or teamspeak. how often does this happen? in a pub game: probably never.

not all, but many pubbers:
    • dont have mics
    • are illiterates, as it seems
    • dont listen - even if 5 ppl shout at them over the voice chat and write in CAPS what they should do (classic example: leave squad leader position), they keep running in circles or wasting tanks/tickets.

20. meg griffin

meg griffin Member

Since 2.25 came out, i dont know i have the feeling that the grens are stronger in this version because most of the devs like to play grenadier.