Does anyone want to do, the most tedious, mind numbingly boring task in the world?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Trickster, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

It's hooked up as far as I know, so I'll try it out. I don't see a huge point in it but I'm just trying to make the best use of what's available.

2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Make fission have highest heat capacity. Makes sense since it creates massive heat in fission process anyways. Make it weigh more though because it can hold more heat.

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I can't dick with weight except for release. It can't be changed serverside only because it won't match up. Also, I don't see the point in trying to apply logic to what features go where, why a theoretical fission reactor vehicle engine would have a higher arbitrary capacity for heat than a theoretical coolant engine. There is no comparison to make, it's just a game with made up shit. It's easier to just put features where they can be balanced easier.

In future I'd like to really take advantage of heat capacity, but I'm not sure how. An engine with a huge capacity but poor dissipation, or small capacity but high dissipation, that could all be pretty interesting, but it's something I want to look at after I get these pretty extreme changes in, because I really do have no idea how this is going to affect balance.