Do I understand The Scout?

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Sanguis, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Andariel

Andariel Member

STFU FFS ^^

2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

o. m. g!!!!!!!

and all that time i was shooting the corners of the crates outside. well, gee, thanks.

i'll send you some of my awesome "i'm the only person that knows this" knowledge. would you like to be a better tank driver or grenadier?

3. Sanguis

Sanguis Member

Every building has a place in or outside of it that you can become completely invisible against.. And be an absolute prick.

And also to be a better driver all you have to do is a BARREL ROLL!

4. Tal_Shiar

Tal_Shiar Member

I think the scouts should be designed to gather information,
    and cause chaos behind enemy lines. Just give the scout a radar like
    ability that shows opponents around him within a certain range. Give his
    binoculars the ability to recognize and post buildings on the minimap, along
    with recognizing different troop classes (also posted on minimap). Then give him the ability to build traps, and maybe even a temporary buildings like a temporary barracks (allows only 5 of your team to spawn at that location) in order to fill his chaos role.

The reson why I wrote this is that the scout should be more of a lone
    wolf class while helping out his team by gathering information. It would make the scout a lot more useful for the team, and also limit the number of scouts on the map since they are not made for combat (of course they have to defend themselves though). And they fulfill their chaos role by acting as a distraction with temporary barracks and traps.

5. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

I hope you know that this part is already in the game. Try the scout skills sometime. ;)

6. Geese Howard

Geese Howard Member

Not really, giving infomation as a scout is a pain. Heck, it's not even worth the hassle unless if you see them making lots of apcs or tanks.

7. Tal_Shiar

Tal_Shiar Member

I don't agree. I played scout many a time, and they really are not that great in the information gathering role. Their binoculars other then spotting buildings are of little use (they should allow your team to see what class/building you spotted). and their only main ability is the hide ability. And if I am wrong, then please give me an example of a scout being used to gather information.

Give them more of an information roll, and they become alot more valuable,
    since they can go loanwolf into enemy territory and send back detailed information to the their team that could literally change the tides of a match.

8. Sanguis

Sanguis Member

Give the Scout a Claymore rather then C4 (as some people supported). A realish claymore not one that just blows up everyone around it!

swapping their current nades with some kind of Claymore or remote/trip explosive might be an interesting switch.

9. recon

recon SM Support Dev

The claymore is a really bad idea IMHO.

I like the remote explosive, but that would kind of take away from the gren.

10. Sanguis

Sanguis Member

When I say claymore I mean anti-infantry not like some big badass C4 charge that will explode violently killing everything around it. It wouldn't be too bad either if you could only place 1 (as to not allow walls of claymores)

I like the idea of a remote charge like that in Rainbow Six 3, they were pretty interesting to use and fun too.

when I was saying remote explosive I again meant anti infantry more then anti-tank, but as it stands isn't the Scout class the only one that can't harm a vehicle? Sticky Stuns are decent but in my opinion could be taken out and would be good riddens (sticky stunning a Comm FTL!)

Lastly.. What about allowing scouts to take over abandoned vehicles (except for comm) just make them sit next to it like they are sabotaging and then get in. Would be rather cool if it could still explode while they were inside too (from lack of occupants).. Anyway probably the worst idea I have ever had but I don't feel like using backspace.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  11. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i would like to see scouts be able to sabotage unmanned vehicles into exploding when driven

12. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

So what kind of information do you want? The commander can see the whole thing if he focuses his view on the hidden player. And the skill I thought of was the one that works like a camera.

13. Empty

Empty Member

I like.
    Maybe just remove all the ammo and take it down to 50% HP.

14. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i was partially joking, would be a bitch if used on commander

15. Tal_Shiar

Tal_Shiar Member

First off, what is the point of the comm scrolling in on a hidden player?
    He already has alot on his hands to work with and can use his time
    much more efficiently if he is not trying to find a hidden scout. Secondly, he can't see every enemy building of the map due to a fog of war (if you can call it that). What i am trying to say here is that the com should not be involved in the information gathering process, he should be directing the troops.

Another point I want to say is that the fog of war I mentioned earlier dose not effect troops, and thus a scout is a viable information gathering option in the game. and ought to send back more useful information then he can at the present. Letting him send back information on what kind of enemy's are defending the base can be VERY useful.

Lastly, scouts cannot build camera's. Only engineers can build them. Now I agree that the scout should be able to place these, but even though thats not the case, the game still needs a class for long range scouting/harassing.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  16. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

It doesn't, the comm can check what the enemy is building and what they're doing, they just can't see what they're researching, and what they're going to do (which you can't predict anyway, unless you know the enemy players well).

17. Tal_Shiar

Tal_Shiar Member

Solokiller, is their then any way to get the scout focused in
    a role of information gathering? like getting information on the different enemy classes etc. ?

18. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

That's why he's being redesigned, so he has a purpose.

19. Tal_Shiar

Tal_Shiar Member

Well, thank you (and those helping you) for putting the time into improving the scout class. It really needs it.

20. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

seriously though, removing all the ammo, making it immobile until repaired, or 50% health (any 2 of those 3) along with the smoke would be cool.

will the new scout still sabotage?