Diablo 3, or why Blizzard keeps on disappointing me

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cpugeek, Jun 29, 2008.

1. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

well today it looks like blizzard droped/killed all their concept artitists exept the
    one that did the style for wow

2. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

You mean this guy?

3. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

Nailed it ^_^

Yay for zero puncutation!!!!

4. Lord_Doku

Lord_Doku Member

oh for crying out loud.......

wanna bet that when an release date is picked the dev team will announce an radical change om the genre: RPG to pay-every-month-buttload-of-moneh-to-play-MMORPG ? After all, they kicked out all gfx artists(according to you) and kept the guy who did the gfx for WoW: most shitty game ever in MMO world(imo)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  5. Jäger

Jäger Member

well i dont see the point in all this negitivity. most of the people who are ranting about d3 said they are not fans of d1&2 so of course your not gonna like d3. also that said d2 is a bore... now when it first came out it was the most exciting thing ever. you have to remember these are some pretty old games so with millions upon millions playing them over the years all the good items have already been found and people just go around swaping them and rushing through the acts rather than play the game ( people who are complaining most likely did this). im a firm believer in playing a game the way its ment to be played. i have a challenge for you play through the game on single player that way its a challenge. or if you have friends play together on battle.net but use only the items you find ingame together. and dont play in anygames with other people. you should find this increases the fun of the game alot making it what it was ment to be. and if after you have done this you still dont like it then you dont like that kind of game and you can save your money on d3 and stop bitching about a game style you dont like.

6. Lord_Doku

Lord_Doku Member

Dont get me wrong dude, im actually gonna buy Diablo 2 and its expansion today cuz it pwnz sooooo dammmn much.

7. Jäger

Jäger Member

lol was talking to people who say they dont like d2 and then complain about d3 which is in essence a fan game so its basicly gonna be more of the same pwnage just with better graphics.

also around the internet there seems to be a dislike of that part in the game play vid where it is outside and sunny which i dont see the problem in that, it just happens to be a sunny day. act 2 in diablo 2 was ridicoulously sunney all the time. and act 5 was very bright as well. wanna get your guys' thoughts on that little hypocrisy. lol

8. Lord_Doku

Lord_Doku Member

i dont care, i still love D2 :P

9. Reset

Reset Member

People who work on WoW don't work on Diablo 3.. WoW team has their own shit to worry about.

Anyways, D3 will be on battle.net, which is not pay to play.

10. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I dont say they kicked them out it was sarcasm.
    You cant deny that every blizzard product
    today looks the same. The all adopted the same
    style.

11. Lord_Doku

Lord_Doku Member

battle.net :D

now ima get D3 for sure :D

12. communism

communism poof

One word.
    No necromancer, wtf?

13. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I bet the witchdoctor is a buffed necromancer...

Whole new class haha ive heard he can cast "zombiewalls"
    nothing more than a buffed bonewall of the necromancer...

Yeah yeah invetion their we go!

14. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Diablo doesn't need to be radicaly different. When I saw the gameplay, I could immideatly say; Yes... This is indeed Diablo. It seems what they learned after WoW is that a good art direction combined with countless well polished features make a great game. No, they are not doing anything new. Hell they never really do anything new, in ANY of their games. What they do well is how they mould those tiny little features together. Just like lots of tiny bugs can break a game, lots of tiny well designed things can make a game. I often get an urge to play some dungeon crawler with my friends, and there havent been any good ones; in which you can just "Pop Corn" enemies and say "Ooooh Helll yeeaah". Last game that really 'Hit the Spot' for me was the first Dungeon Seige, I played that game so much. Titan Quest; just left a huge resonating "Meh" especialy the expansion...

I like their art style; as it gives something to look at even if your PC can't push all of the shaders, and as shown in the trailers gives a good contrast between the cool color scheeme of the dungeon and the warm tones of the surface. Look at Fallout 3, every console fanboy is orgasming left and right; to me Fallout 3 symbolizes everything that is wrong with the industry. Look at it's color pallete: Shit brown, and light grey, the more videos I see of Fallout 3, the more dissapointed I am.

Even though their games might not do anything terribly new, I place faith in the fact that I know the game will be at the very least polished to a beaming shine...

15. arklansman

arklansman Member

I would have to say that fits well in Fallout though. ;p

16. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I understand that; but some color variation would be very nice. I know it is supposed to be a nuclear wasteland, but come on... Maybe the indoor areas will feature a different color pallete; but we haven't seen alot of those yet...

17. cpugeek

cpugeek Member

I think a lot of this whining over color schemes is a bit silly. A colorful Fallout game would be silly. So would a grey/brownish Warcraft game. I think in the end what really matters is what you're expecting of the game. Personally, I really wish that Blizzard would have made Starcraft II more gritty because I think that the storyline and atmosphere created in the first one reflected that moreso than the WCIII-esque (not same, but similar) style they're using in the sequel. I understand that Blizzard has their own "style" nowadays for all their games, but I think that this will at least partially ruin the variety in their games.

Valve, for instance, is a good example of a company that balances several completely different styles of games well. Honestly, do HL2, TF2, or Portal really have any similarity in their art styles?

18. Empty

Empty Member

Portal and HL2s Citadel chapters are very similar palettes and art. But other than that.