Demos!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by grayclay88, Oct 13, 2007.

1. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

2. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

CoD 4 is pretty cool (holy freaking intense batman!), as is UE3 (hoverboard, wee!). Dunno about timeshift. Didn't I play that demo 1-2 years ago?

3. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

timesplitters?

4. KILLX

KILLX Banned

whats UE3 as a game? i know its Unreal Engine 3, but L3TUC3 makes it sound like a game.

5. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Got bored & tried the UT3 demo, I was amazed that my piece of shit computer was able to handle it, but I had to put the graphics on extremely low, so it kinda looked like Half-Life 1 when running in software mode. Fast paced & Fun though. :)

6. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

UT3 is Unreal Tournament 3, they changed the name from 07 or 08 or whatever they were going to do.

UT3 is fucking awesome, the graphics and detail is amazing, its fun as hell. My favorite part is Feign Death (F), because your body ragdolls, so you can jump off a ledge, press F, then watch your body ragdoll to the ground.

CoD4 IS holy freakin intense, batman! Too bad its glitched and i can only play on 800x600.

Timeshift, while the graphics arent up to part as the other ones, its damn funny when you stop time to steal someones gun and you see them go "What the...?" and look around for it, then when they see you they either put their hands up or go run for another gun.
    (Yea, they released a demo a year ago, but were given a second chance and took another year to release it.)

7. Gelnika

Gelnika Member

Your specs?

I got a pos- comp as well, but if it's really as scalable as other's have been telling, I might even give it a shot with this hunka-junk :p

8. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Athlon 64
    1.37 gigs of RAM
    Radeon Xpress 200

9. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Timeshift had a demo out a year ago because that was the old version. they have rebuilt the game since then. same concepts, different games.

10. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

My computer still explodes. Even when playing Starcraft. Damn it to hell. >.<
    Was able to play CoD4 and a tiny bit of UT3 anyways. I'm such a CoD fan ^,^; glad it didn't disapoint me.

11. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

So the Unreal Tournament 3 demo crashes on startup, and although it eventually returns me to desktop, it buttfucks the video drivers. 800x600, 4 bit color... And I can't even shut down or reboot the machine through Windows - I tell it to do so and it just sits there!

So much for that.

12. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Time to update your drivers.

13. arklansman

arklansman Member

UT3 looks really bad when you barely meet the minimum requirements. D:

Pixel doubling makes it look like Doom. :o

14. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

But when you can max the game out, its one of the best looking games ive seen in awhile.

On the other hand, CoD4 doesnt let me play higher then 640x400, i dont know why, anything above that CTDs with a directx error.

15. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Can't update my drivers. Any drivers later than the one I have right now cause artifacts that grow progressively worse. I tolerated it with Bioshock, but once I was done with the game I put off rolling back to the old ones, and it got so bad that now my old card is permanently damaged. The more recent drivers also totally suck in the options they allow you to adjust, such as over/underclocking, as they require another application (nTune) to be installed to do so, which only works with a small handful of motherboards and actually locks the entire computer up with my motherboard. So it's really not an option.

16. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

Yeah, my computer is fracked too. Frackin sucks. Frack.

I'm probably going to system restore my bloody computer and pray it does something.

17. katana9000

katana9000 Member

I was so horribly disgusted by the demo for COD4 I'm cancelling my pre-order at best buy tommorow morning. It was the buggiest piece of s*&t I've ever seen in a big budget game. The game crashes the second you try to set a resolution above 800x600. If you go in and manualy change it in the .cfg file you can get it to work for another two minutes before it crashes from a fatal DX error. If by god you somehow manage to get into the game before it crashes then you had better start loving the default controls because you either do or you don't get any keys at all. Since the game doesn't recognize ANY of the keys on the keypad. And quite a few elsewhere. And sadly its not just me having these inumerable errors. (Or rather programming f*^k ups.) There is a list of about 700 of them on a single forum alone. And even more on over 20-30 other tech forums. And if you think you can get help via tech support? Wrong! There isn't a tech support e-mail withing 100 miles. Your only choice is a forum to place your complaint along side the infinite list of others. So for god's sake... Don't waist your time downloading this 1 gig+ pile of garbage. Your much better off looking at one of the others.

18. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Lol, cod4 ran flawless on mine. Flawless I say!

19. Thor

Thor Member

Same here.

20. arklansman

arklansman Member

Hellgate: London demo tomorrow.