Darkest Dawn: First Blood!

Discussion in 'General' started by Thor, Dec 30, 2009.

1. [R]eX

[R]eX Member

how many heroes are there to choose from? is it like heroes of newerth? omg can i be sand wraith?

2. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

fff no wai obv sand wraith gets banned

3. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

No Rex it's random heroes.

You got scout. Enjoy.

4. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

Sign me up?

5. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

Can do, make sure you have an account at http://bsid-clan.com and be ready next Saturday. When it comes time to actually play, just log in at the site, pull up the Darkest Dawn flash app, and minimize it, join the server.

6. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

REMINDER: Another session will begin in approx 3 hours, team information is Here, summaries of the first session are available for Blue and Red

There is plenty of time to add more players. It runs for two hours and this week is followed by a PUG on G4TC.

I will be in a scrim starting 18:00GMT, feel free to post here or at the BSID forums with questions/sign ups and I'll go over them before jumping into the session at 20:00GMT. Lastly, instructions for signing up (you don't actually need me or to inform me you'll be coming) are Here and gameplay rules have been documented rather nicely by Scardybob Here for those interested in the mechanics.

7. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

Don't play glacial

8. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

It's in the rotation, however it's not set in stone. Is there a reason I can take to the players for removal?

9. complete_

complete_ lamer

it'd be nice to know where to sign up.
    preferably blue team since it sucks.

10. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

Shandy` and Scardybob will be on shortly, once they are we will add players wantiing a team.

And yes, Blue needs to lose less. Does this mean you are looking to join a team instead of Merc it up?

**EDIT**
    From above I quote,
    "Lastly, instructions for signing up (you don't actually need me or to inform me you'll be coming) are Here". Link includes the following:
    2) Get a team for the current/upcoming Campaign
    Post in the relivent thread (for example the first Campaign is http://forums.bsid-c...9-first-blood/) if the Campaign is upcoming. If the campaign is current, contact a member of the current campaign so your team can be selected. You can also play as a merc without contacting anyone.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  11. complete_

complete_ lamer

well it'd suck if it was a constant steamroll

sure

12. Varbles

current glacial sucks and I got a big update this weekend or soon :D

13. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

Thanks lamer, got you flagged so we can get it squared away before the session starts.

Switch, I may be behind the curve, but last I knew people liked the map. It's part of a rather large maplist so the odds of playing on it are relatively small, perhaps that's enough to satisfy you for the session coming up? I need as many arctic maps as I can get, so I'd prefer to keep it for now.

14. Varbles

aight its just pretty imbalanced towards NF (or so pickled_heretic says) atm which might be a problem

15. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

One of the nice things about Darkest Dawn is that the teams are not pre-determined, so Blue team is not always BE, and red not always NF. When a Skirmish is incoming, the Generals can see what map they are going to, and bid for the team they want. This means that maps with balance issues are actually okay, especially ones that only some people think are imbalanced.

If you think it's favoring NF, you can "buy" NF for the Skirmish and use the imbalance to your advantage. What I need to avoid are maps that are guaranteed wins for a certain team.

**EDIT**
    Also, a few vets that want to be on the same team are stacking Blue, so lamer, I'm setting you to Red. I hope you find this acceptable.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  16. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

Okay, sorry for double, but I need the bump.

Everyone who wishes to play MUST pull up the flash app before joining the server or they will likely be kicked by the program. It is recommended that you pull up http://bsid-clan.com in a browser, log in, click the Darkest Dawn link and load the map, then minimize your browser.

The ingame browser seems to be very inefficient and in some cases has been causing lag on the clients computer. Running from an IE/Firefox window and alt+tabbing removes this problem.

Again, if you do not have the app pulled up, you will not be able to play the Skirmishes.

17. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i believe the colors of the teams work in a confusing fashion

i would say detach them from empiresmod, use green and purple
    or give each team a name or something

18. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

Agreed, when I get the motivation to redo the graphics I'll adjust

19. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

20. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

Thanks to all those involved, Red team has won the first Campaign in a near flawless fashion.

We will have a new campaign with new map next week. Submissions will be considered well into the week.

The Map Maker can be found Here. I will also have a creation that we can fall back on.