Darkest Dawn: First Blood!

Discussion in 'General' started by Thor, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Thor

Thor Member

To the community:

As you all may have already known, the =[BSID]= server is now fully functional and online. It is appropriately named the ‘Headshotmaster’s House of Rage Server’ which symbolizes both the hilarity of Headshot and bears the name of the official mascotte of Empires. Alongside the launch of our server, Darkest Dawn is completed and we are ready to allow the Empires community to take part in this plugin that may add a new layer of depth to many players’ experience with Empires.

If you wish to learn more about Darkest Dawn, check out our website at http://www.bsid-clan.com. Also, if you wish to partake in the Darkest Dawn campaigns, you must register there and check out this thread in particular(http://forums.bsid-clan.com/index.php?/topic/209-first-blood/). We are looking to kick off the first campaign on January 9th, 2010. Please keep in mind that this Darkest Danw campaign is open to everyone, including but not limited to clanners, pubbers, BSID, JPL, EPIC, CW, CEL, vets, noobs, etc.

Lastly, on behalf of BSID, we would like to thank the community for the continued interest and support of Darkest Dawn. The feedback has generally been constructive and positive, and as long as the community continues to back us, we will continue to develop Darkest Dawn and other projects/plugins in the near future.

With Regards,

CPT Thor

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  2. Wilko

Wilko Member

Sounds great. Can't wait to get some Darkest Dawn games in and start winning matches for my chosen side.

3. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

am i still banned?

4. Thor

Thor Member

No. sourcebans indicates you only had a one-day ban. :)

5. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

We are encouraging everyone able to attend to try to make this first event. Skill, clan allegiance, even being critical of the project has no bearing in our interest to have every willing person give it a shot, there will be space for players of all skill, and even if you don't want to be involved, you can play as a merc which basically would be like any other random game as far as you're concerned. It's also fine if you will be missing one or even most of the Saturdays (including kick off on the 9th), the system is designed to allow for fun events even if not everyone planning to make it actually does. For this to work though we will need players.

Also, at this time no one has officially stepped up to battle Shandy` (ScardyBob has been called out) as the opposing General. I will step up if needed, but I would strongly prefer a player with no clan allegiance to help in the initial team selections.

Thanks in advance all of those who wish to be a part of this projects launch.

6. Empty

Empty Member

Sign me up scotty.

7. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

verrrerrrzzooooooooommmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeee.

8. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

There's still some time for anyone who wishes to sign up. We currently have 14 but it's a 64 man server so there's plenty of room.

Just post here or at BSID forums and we'll have you ready.

List as of this post:
    Spawwn
    John Shandy`
    Wilko
    Blizzerd
    ScardyBob
    Zeke
    Trickster
    Thor
    Empty
    RKB
    KatIX
    Vlam
    Lawliet
    Dubee

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  9. Zeke

Zeke Banned

sooooo.... is the first match today?

10. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

Indeed it is, 4-1/2 hours from the time of this post.

AKA 12pm PST, 3pm EST, 8pm GMT

Shandy` and ScardyBob have both run through a test game so they know what they are doing, at any point they could pass the torch if someone else is dying to try out the flash interface. They will be selecting teams shortly before we start.

11. Empty

Empty Member

I may not be able to reach this match.

I will try to though.

12. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

May I participate please? I don't care what team I end up on or anything. I might be online at three, but I may not. :unsure:

Also, what user name should I use? I usually use "THE", but I can use "aaaaaa50". It doesn't really matter, as both of them are stupid, but I don't want to confuse anyone by being the wrong username.

13. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

Got you, aaaaaa50 is fine. It begins at 3pm EST, thanks !

14. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

20 minutes, still time for anyone who wishes to join, we're up to 20 players. Can reach me on steam (=[BSID]= SGT Spawwn)

15. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

And the red steamroller continues!

What say you Jpatton???

16. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

For those who missed the first session, ScardyBob has led the Red team to victory thus far. Blue team by and large blames Shandy` for wearing his voodoo mask during Skirmishes, leading to a near total lack of vision.

Trickster stood us up

17. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

Actually, blue team just sucked. :(

18. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

it was partially due to a commander getting missing in action etc

i tried saving the day, but when it comes down to it i just dont have the leadership talents some of you guys have, by the time i had researched du apc to apcrush then we where already defeated

19. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

Team balance could be better. My hope is that the positives from this weekend will lead to more players wanting to join, with additional players we can fine tune the team balance (and have more mercs) without having to force any team changes.

Again I thank all who could make it, I hope you had fun. Even though we spent the majority of the time getting rolled, my wife and I had a blast.

And 9mine ftw

20. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Sorry D;

I wasn't really in a fit state to play a proper organised match.