CV under attack- ?????????

Discussion in 'Support' started by Melee, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Melee

Melee Member

This is happening all the time and is really dificult to replicate cos by the time you realise the BUG has happened its game over, More and more people are witnessing this so hopefully it can be explained.

when in a big game , lots of players and the CV is being rocket sniped or shot by tanks etc "NOT nine mined " it should give us some warning that CV is being damaged but it appears the signal is being lost amongst the many other things going on. Is it lag causing it??

Maybe like buildings The CV could flash when being attacked or make the cv under attack sound more pronounced somehow as games are ending with the commander obviously in 3rd person placing turrets etc and other players unaware anything is wrong..........

Have you experienced this problem guys.............

2. REX

REX Member

yes it does seem to sometimes not play at all or (be completely overheard when in a nadespam or HE frontline)

3. Lord_Doku

Lord_Doku Member

I never saw it happening, but i guess that is because im always on the winning side for some reason :D

4. gezor

gezor Member

oh yeah i experienced this problem. i played a lot of games where we got wtfpwned, because no1 heard that the comm was under attack ... (and then people say WTF, whoot, how did this happen, ...)

5. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

When JPL was scrimmaging CW... when I got attacked as commander I didn't hear the message until I did one of my random checks at home base.
    The CW attacker died, but I didn't hear him at all in commander view!

6. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

happened to me several times. indication on the commanders view needed.

7. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I think its because so many other sounds were being played at the same time.. Like if I say "I need air support now!" and at the same time I say that some one says "area clear" you wont hear my sound but you will hear the one played right after.. I dunno if you can but it would be cool if you could set priortys too sounds.. Like the commander is under attack would play over any other sound no matter what was played first.. also same could be said for the locals.. like TAKE COVARR

or a simple fix would be to add text that says "the commander is under attack" everytime the sound is played like the voice commands

8. recon

recon SM Support Dev

The commander screen should have a "proximity alarm" that says "enemy(s) are approaching the CV" and prsists until, A. The commander clicks the dismiss button or B. The enemy(s) leave the CV.

This alarm should pick both enemy infantry and vehicles and sound a different alarm for each case.

The radius for the proximity alarm should be enough that the commander has enough time to react and get out of where ever they are. I think you could use the same radius as the Eng camera and radar.

9. Iselore

Iselore Member

Nah, the alarm should only sound if the cv is attacked. Kinda takes the fun out if you get an alarm for approaching enemies.

10. gezor

gezor Member

the "CV is under attack" message should have the highest priority and no other sounds should be allowed until its completely played.

11. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

yes i have this happen too me all the F-ing time, most annoying thing ever, i've actually had my CV killed by a lvl 1 turrent when I was backed up near a NF barracks and they just dropped the turrent between me and the barracks. God knows how long it was shooting me but right when we got BE backed into city, BAM killed by 1 stupid turrent. just depressing. :(

12. thaile

thaile Member

What I think happens is that the CV under attack message only plays once every x mins. So if it's miss the first time the enemy get free attacks for a couple of mins without any warning.

13. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

heh, well this happened to me too.. Was litterly PLAYING with the brenodi, then one sneaky guy goes up and kills me ^^ .

14. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

If your team was "playing" with the enemy instead of trying to end the game, then you deserve to lose to a ninja.

15. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Meh, not playing, just holding an epic game. (They did defend themself)

16. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

would be cool if the com view shook when the cv is attacked. Like an earthquake effect >_>

would be funny to add a sound "The Command Vehicle was under attack" 5 seconds after the game ends.

17. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

Five stars for this suggestion :)

18. Unit 1126 PLL

Unit 1126 PLL Member

I agree. A GLaDOS type voice saying "the comm vehicle was under attack" somewhat sarcastically would be funny. :D

19. sergeant mkoll

sergeant mkoll Member

I almost forgot about this bug, no idea what causes it but never had it in 2.0.
    Its a very rare bug and is hard to reproduce, maybe fixed on orange box.

20. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

:eek: i wouldnt exactly call it rare lol