Create HTML Loading Screen Tips

Discussion in 'Community Requests' started by Beerdude26, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Well, I would like to see custom hints: hint text accompanied with a custom image. The "use unbuilt walls for cover" hint is a great example. Another use would be illustrating commo n tactics with images and a little text.

EDIT:

Yes, and several of these would highly benefit from a custom image. The "Use Revive" hint could have a screenshot with several dead teammates with the red icons over them. Perhaps expand the text to include "Look for the red revive icon.".

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  2. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Are you still looking for help with this or are you just going to adapt the unintuitive hints thread?

And tbh, I don't know if you can read more than 2-3 lines of hints while a map is loading. The first time you load up Empires, yeah, but subsequent maps take a lot less time to load. Are you looking more for strategy information rather than gameplay hints?

Or are the screenshots the main thing?

3. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I'm looking for strategy information, mainly, because that is what is currently missing. Screenshots exemplifying the strategy should also be included. If you can write HTML, I expect a fully-working HTML file (+ assorted files) that I can just plug into the other loading screen stuff. I don't have time to neatly devise everything myself anymore.

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

People misinterpreted that thread entirely. That thread was about shit that should either be fixed, reworked or made clearer, not half the shit that people posted in there.

5. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I'll see. There's a reason I don't program or use HTML or cascading style sheets any more...namely because I just don't like it. But maybe I can get some screenshots and hints together. Not that I even know how to turn off the hud >.>

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

cl_drawhud is the command, set it to 0 to shut it off.

7. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Press B to change class, V to customize vehicles, C to join a squad, F for squad powers, and Enter to select your spawn location. (should be tied to a picture of a keyboard with the keys highlighted)