Constructive Criticism of 2.2

Discussion in 'General' started by recon, Dec 14, 2008.

1. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

After some big games on full servers I have to agree that the NFHR > BE CARBINE in longrange fights

2. zachtos

zachtos Member

Plasma cannon is still underpowered. It needs a buff in either damage, heat to target, or further reduced heat output. It now does the same damage as a standard cannon, and the heat to target is so negligible, I see no reason to research it over the ranged, HE or rail cannons.

Plasma MG got debuffed to the point where I no longer understand it's purpose. 6 heat to you and the target... OK? Good luck getting anyone to research this now (as if it was ever used before!)

Salvo Homing, I feel these are still junk because of the heat added (60?).

Guided/homing are now more viable w/ clip size and damage buffs.

Nukes/Rails are debuffed to add balance. I feel the debuffs/buffs applied make them more fair, and still have their uses.

Comp armor is still a great armor, for the right scenario, which is hardly ever on a public server. I like to put them on medium tanks, and refuse to get heavies, so we have very strong fleets of quick tanks that cost the same as a heavy w/ the same HP. BUT, everyone throws a tantrum, so I still can find no viable usage for composite unfortunately. Reactive is my all around favorite at this point in time. (I love absorbant for low cost and large amount of tanks you can afford, but once again, players complain, as they can not adjust to changing the 'norm')

good job buffing bio warheads by lowering their weight, I always thought 120 was stupid heavy for their application.

3. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

guided/plasma cannon/homing are awesome now

4. recon

recon SM Support Dev

The LT and APCs also are in need of some turning help.

What about having a steering modifier, that is used to ramp steering up and down based on the vehicle speed?

Something like this
    Code:
    OnVehicleSpeedChange(int vID, int vIdx, float speed)
    {
         float multiplier = GetVehicleSteeringMultiplyer(vID);

float steeringDeg = multiplier * speed;

// Set the steering stuff here
    }

Would that work? Would that be too much of a performance hit?

Tell that to the 10 other people on my team who refuse to work as a team. At least in 2.12 I had decent chance at saving the game. Now, it depends even more on people reading a manual / working as a team, which they hardly ever did to begin with.

5. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

I have had great succes recently just goin squad leader and telling your squad where they are going. The noobs espeacially usually obey without question.

The power is going to my head.

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

empty heads are easier to fill with orders

7. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

And dictators like me shall abuse them. Bwahhahahah!

8. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Heat is an annoyance, that´s why plasma has been put out of play for solo tanking, it will make a return in the future, just not this release, my apologies.

Salvo homing´s heat was reduced, are you absolutely sure the heat is still ludicrous?