[Considering] Separate attack and move orders

Discussion in 'Under Consideration' started by OuNin, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Yes, Aquillon wins ^^

2. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

Now, I may make fun of people for not playing, but you REALLY don't play. Anyway, the rate at which you give targets, I'm sure, is hardly frantic. Korean progamers are capable of 200+ apm. Nothing you ever do will ever be considered frantic. Also, your argument for "defeating the purpose of it" is retarded. I'm sorry, but other than targets and relaying key information, there simply isn't much for the comm to do. I guess removing targets would free up time for him to build shit, but then he isn't really comming. I don't command to spectate a game, I do that enough already. The act of giving targets is truly, truly a trivial task and I would die of boredom if I didn't have to do it.

Anyway, A+ suggestion, pleaz ad naow

3. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Pickled come on man this guy knows what he's talking about! He's played 46 hours since steam started counting time played. And look at all his posts in the organize stuff page. He basically made this mod by now... :rolleyes:

Separate comm and squad attack orders and I guess one comm move would be cool. But gay thing would be if you want to get rid of the move order you would also remove the attack orders. I think it would be cooler to have the move orders appear on the mini map instead.

4. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

So, like, for me...it's pretty much "research, mark targets, mark targets, place armoury, place turrets, mark targets, mark turrets...oh wait bugger. Place rax, research, mark targets, mark targets, mark target" with each separated by a run down of what's going on in the map and getting people to do stuff.

Of course, the commander should have more to do, dun really think "hey, i'd get bored" is a good reason to give you something menial to do. Would you really want to pick up rubbish all day, just because you couldn't be bothered to go to school?

And yes, that metaphor works well, because gorram if targets aren't menial, and what we need is some brainstorming into more things for the comm to do.

5. OuNin

OuNin Member

commanding only gets boring if you're doing it wrong.

6. Empty

Empty Member

Boomtanking isn't commanding.

7. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

what about this idea?

Attack orders no longer show up on mini map and move orders no longer show up in game.. move orders on mini map and attack in game and both co exist?

8. OuNin

OuNin Member

When I commanded, I didn't boomtank. I micromanaged infantry combat until tanks came around.

9. Empty

Empty Member

Good.
    You're helping the team then.

10. Michael

Michael Member

Seperate attack and move / guard orders? Yepeee I agree with it.
    Also seperate squad leader orders from commander ones? Yepeeee I agree with it. (cyan blue, as squad leader order color?)
    Commander attack orders stack? Yepeeee I agree with it.
    Squad leader attack orders stack? It's not necessary, since it is already a focusing the squad against one target, to get a tactical advantage on attack / destruction.