[Considering] Jeep Mounts/Utility

Discussion in 'Under Consideration' started by --{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}--, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Hilarious.

I suppose you could quickly duck inside an APC after throwing a few stickies, so the missed ones don't kill you. It might work better from a jeep, anyway, since jeeps are smaller...

2. --{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}--

--{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}-- Banned

Well, my original idea was to either have ammo, a lvl 1 turret, a camera or radar and mines.

I just thought cloak, turbo and a controllable RPG sounded cool ;)

The reason I mentioned the RPG was because it is impossible to fire an explossive weapon(like a sticky, RPG or mortar for example) while a jeep is moving without killing your self.

Ammo speaks for it self, this is for being able to resupply friendly vehicles and infantry at the frontline.

MG/ML Turret is too provide some defence, or to be able to rush early in the game.

A camera/radar is to able to scout the frontlines or your base for enemies. You can already build a camera in base, but I thought it would be more useful if I could simply equip my jeep with one and drive around the base. After that I could simply remove the camera again and equip it with something else instead.

I think this would make the jeep an Engineer utility vehicle, so maybe we should be able to equip these things at the vehicle customization screen or at the repair pad(So that other classes can use these utilities too).

And about mines... well, I just like the idea of a mine layer ^^

3. zenarion

zenarion Member

I support the "Camera", "Radar", "Ammo box" ideas.
    Those should be attachable to other vehicles as well as to jeeps.

4. Whisky

Whisky Member

Took the words right out of my mouth.

5. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

except yourself with a mortar

6. Maxaxle

Maxaxle Member

I honestly think that we should keep this to a minimum. I understand a Gren being able to hand the passenger his weapon, but it shouldn't be mounted, and the passenger should be a relatively bad shot with it (not to mention no reloading). And the Engie turret should be limited to an automatic turret that faces backwards and has low health and low accuracy. Scouts? Just leave them out, unless they have the vehicle speed skill.

7. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

This thread reminds me of the APC extras thread.

8. Korpi

Korpi Member

This is what needs to be done to this suggestion.

9. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Like I said earlier, if you want a "turret" effect in a jeep very easily, just have it regenerate ammo the way an APC does.

Presto. Step into a jeep passenger seat, and now you're a "turret" with whatever kind of weapon you had previously. No need for handing weapons around -- if you want to become an RPG turret, be a grenadier with an RPG.

(Heh, "how do I become a turret.")

10. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Mighty Morphin' Turret Rangers GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!