Concept Art for NF Barracks

Discussion in 'Art' started by Jackman, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

No. It needs to be logical to you.

In my opinion I don't see ANYTHING ELSE wrong in that concept art except that make the roof's angle less steep so you can remove that platform on it and somehow make stairs there. Or better yet, make it same way as on BE rax. Make the other side enough low angled so people can walk on it and climb on top of the building.

I like those tanks at the side a lot too. Nice detail and it makes that building more specified and not just some general structure which you see in cities when you go in them. All buildings there are basically simple blocks.

This building is a lot more specialized than normal everyday buildings and I like the idea of it.

2. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

I like it

3. Jackman

Jackman Member

Thanks, ya without the stairs I'll be looking to make it possible for people to get up on top. Do you think both sides should be walkable? I could put some Pipes and tubes etc. between the tanks you could jump on...

Thanks.

4. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Nah. Don't change both sides. I like the way how those tanks are at the other side leaning towards the barracks. Maybe lower the roof at the tanks side and rise it a bit at the other side and make the side sloping less steep at that side where those tanks aren't.

Yes, it will look more like BE rax then and will become a bit wider but that way the tanks would give some cover to people on top of the barracks and roof wouldn't need that walking platform. I also like those relief stars at the side of the barracks. They give the barracks more in-depth and stylized look than other Empires buildings.