Compo Sucks, CMV

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by ImSpartacus, Jul 9, 2013.

?

Compo?

1. Winrar

50.0%
  2. Failrar

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

The Situation

I was comming a large match on Booty Bay on Sunday. We dominated BE on and off until late game. Shortly after heavies, we almost pushed past BE's 2nd ref, but got pushed back and eventually lost.​

The Problem

BE constantly had tanks on the field, even when they were barely keeping two refs up. NF was losing tanks right and left. My team was QQing that they needed compo. I was reluctant to bankrupt the team. ​

The Question

Is Compo a good idea to keep more tanks on the field even if you're not flush with cash?​

[sub]Apparently you noobs don't use reddit. CMV stands for Change My View.[/sub]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I don't really see how the thread title is relevant to your post. You're saying you lost tanks too easily and your team wanted composite, but you felt that it cost too much.

I'm sorry but I don't get the point you're trying to make.

3. ImSpartacus

When you read a post, you have to read the whole thing or shit doesn't make any sense.

The beginning, the middle, maybe even the end. All parts are important.

4. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

No it's a terrible choice at any cash level unless you have bugged cash like on SoF or Slaughtered. It's a recession that isn't waiting to happen because it happens instantly. Shit's simple mathematics everyone on your team should understand perfectly why you didn't get compo.

5. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

And remember, if compo doesn't work, blame the scripts!

6. Trickster

I'm sorry but the post content is still unrelated to the thread title.

Anyway, composite is expensive. It's no longer the "best" armour in the sense that it was before. Before, it was expensive but it was absolutely superior to every other armour. It was lighter and had more HP by a considerable margin. It was actually more expensive in the past. I think it's like 25/plate now, I'm sure it used to be 34-36. Anyway, now, it's not just a high-HP no-other-properties armour. That means that if the armour isn't getting used properly, it's going to be a lot less effective than if you try to take advantage of the various traits it has. Fact is, a lot of people won't bother doing that. They'll lose tanks repeatedly and it'll be the death of you because you'll be bankrupted. If used properly, tanks with composite shouldn't really be dying. They have good regen and high enough HP that there's really no excuse.

But as stated in the other thread, the quality of play isn't really what it used to be. I would honestly say that composite is too dangerous to get now, much in the same way that artillery is too dangerous to get. People will waste them and bankrupt you. Teams can't be trusted with them.

So in short, composite, while expensive, is still cost-effective if used properly as your tanks shouldn't ever really die with it. If not though, it'll probably break your team. In the current gameplay climate, I would probably advise against getting it.

7. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

did you lose because they had composite and the only choice would have been to get composite yourself or was it just because your team lost to many tanks, morale went down and they blamed everything but themselfs?

you didnt answer this question. with a bit fantasy you could say its implicit, but i read the same as trickster ...

8. ImSpartacus

I'd say it was the latter, but I've got one hell of a confirmation bias, so I'm asking you welps.

9. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Compo is excellent with a fast engine. Its the hardest thing to die in unless your team are cluster-fucking each other through choke points.

Usually though you just need to get the team under some kind of control. A little bit of micro, pleading, crying, shouting and wall/armoury spam can change an entire team of headless chickens into an effective fighting force, providing you have one decent engineer to keep them alive & firing.

10. ImSpartacus

You're one hell of a pub com, but I suck at it. I was coming slaughtered and I pleaded to my team to not buy arty tanks. In their defense, they only had a max of three at once. I wanted one.

I've noticed more players that don't know how to customize vehicles. I've been locking the vf more and manually dumping ugl apcs out. I typically go absorb-turbine, so shit is cheap.

11. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

One does not simply command on slaughter and come back a sane man, thats why you need to be insane before you are even elected to the seat.

The best way I found to win on slaughter is wall the bridge, and use massive amounts of tanks to cover a two scout party to sneak behind and get the enemy refs.

When it comes to armor choices, I yell out loud.
    "What kind of armor and engine you want."

The people who respond I compare to my default plan and look for discrepancies.
    After a quick mental check, I proceede as planned.

They cannot blame me if they told me exactly what they wanted, and I follow to the letter.

The people on the field have a better understanding of what they are fighting than me who sits in a comfy chair and yells racial obscenities, rape jokes, maturbation sounds, and above all else the jew mating call.

12. Sitka

Sitka Member

Regen was previously probably my fav. armor.
    Compo regens now.

Also, super lights.
    I can't control my horny level.

See line 4 above.

13. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

What??

14. Trickster

If you can get arty on Slaughtered and make sure you only 1 or 2, you win. If you end up with any more, you lose.

The moment you get arty you commit yourself to either an entire round of manually building tanks, or an entire round of pleading (usually in futility) not to buy any more artillery tanks.

Also, manually building tanks as comm puts your team at a substantial disadvantage, given that you're then building vehicles purely from team res rather than supplementing player wages towards the cost. That will probably bankrupt you as well.

In short, 99% of the time, you can't get artillery because your team can't be trusted with it.

15. ImSpartacus

It just dawned on me that you derpfaces might not go on reddit and you might not know that CMV stands for Change My View.

Exactly why did you guys think I put those three letters at the end of the title?

16. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Because it's some weird hipster shit acronym that I don't give a shit about? I never go to Reddit myself.

17. Trickster

Pretty much.

18. ImSpartacus

How do you just ignore an acronym? It's like skipping over a word and then complaining that the sentence makes no sense.

19. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Because most acronyms found on the Internet either indicate the person is too lazy to say anything meaningful, or it's an acronym that stands for something that doesn't matter. If an acronym actually matters, it's reasonable to expect for someone to define the acronym.

20. ImSpartacus

So you just discard entire chunks of posts and try to interpret the remaining message? That must be awful. I feel for you.