Commander is as good as his men.

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Kamikazi Ice, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Kamikazi Ice

Kamikazi Ice Member

It was terrible! I gave everyone exactly what they needed. I put up a VF right away, I placed down Refs asap, hell I even did a good job researching the right techs (Bio Engine/Regen First followed by Meds and HE. There were others aswell but those are what I rushed.) but they never built anything, they never protected the refs, and when the enemies had a bunch of tanks, half of my team were scouts! And to think, at the end they had the nerve to say I was a bad comm! Are people really that dense? The Commander is only as good as the Men who Follow him. I can't do fuck all if you guys don't capture Refs or build VFs and Barracks. The enemies had paper tanks and artys and we had Mediums with Regen Armor, Advanced coolant and HE cannons, and we only ever had 2 tanks at any given time. When I finally realised no one wanted tanks I went for the grenadier upgrade and even then they didn't want to go Grenadier when the enemy was in our base!

Speaking from a new comm point of view I think you soldiers should help the comm out, otherwise you WILL lose. My team would have won if they got some lights or even held the refs but instead, we were overwhelmed by paper tanks!

So don't rely on the commander, he needs you guys to do his work for him. Building, capturing refs, using vehicles, killing the enemy, etc etc.

I will however put into consideration that it was 6v6, must be a slow day or something. So i'm sure the low numbers just made people want to slack off.

2. De_Ghost

De_Ghost Member

lol
    your not screaming enough,
    you need a mic and say
    OMG BUILD MY DAMN REFINARY!! IS THAT SO FREAKIN HARD?
    WHY THE HELL ARE YOU A SCOUT?
    DON"T MAKE ME PUT A TURRET BESIDE U!!
    People tend to listen when you scream it enough :)

3. Kamikazi Ice

Kamikazi Ice Member

Oh...well I guess that was my problem. I didn't use my mic. My dads got tunes cranked in the background lol.

4. thaile

thaile Member

Most of the time most players don't pay attention to what the other members of their team is doing. This is really the case what they play scouts as they expect everyone else to hold off the team while they sneak around. Thus they blame the comm.

The only thing you can really do when half you're team is scout is drop walls, lots and lots of walls. This way the other teams has to deconstruct them and that lets your scout try and pick them off.

5. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I remember one game back, version 1.7 i think.

The comm insults the team the whole game.
    He threatened to suicide the cv if the team doesnt follow his orders.

IT WAS AWESOME ^^

6. petemyster

petemyster Member

as commander i get ignored when its tasks like "build those turrets incase the enemy sneaks by". And no one does it. There should be points for doing orders, that would solve this problem

7. De_Ghost

De_Ghost Member

nah i'll still ignore it if i think it's useless
    why you drop that there?
    pfft let me jsut ignore it waste of my time

8. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Guess I gotta fix my micc, even if I've won without it as a com, what makes win is that you take a good guy, all n00bs will follow him. Example:

Buy an APC , n00bs will look :o OH NOES! A CAR! JUST FOR ME! and will enter it, good guy drives up to enemy, scouts get out, begins to die.. You ninja their cv.

9. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

That's almost definitely Headshotmaster

10. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Fukken fixed

11. Chahk

Chahk Member

Fukken fixed more gooder.

12. o_O

o_O Member

There really just isn't much you can do as comm if people refuse to follow orders. Tell them what to do over voicecomm, give them orders and then lock the VF until people obey. Other then that though, if no one goes and builds or makes tanks there is nothing you can do except have some fun running people over with comm vehicle.

I once played a game where people not only didn't build, they refused to make tanks. I had Mediums with HE and coolant but they never built more then a few because they said NF mediums sucked.

13. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I would rather take a good team and a bad com instead of a good com and a bad team...

And yep; that sounds like Legshothamster :p

He will make your ears bleed, but hell the team will do it :D

14. Namst

Namst Member

Well, the same people who call a moderate/good comm bad are the same ones who shit themselves at the thought of being comm. Simply an attitude of 'If you won't help, then don't complain' is the best to use against team mates who cry "bad comm".

15. Lord_Doku

Lord_Doku Member

Good commanders build all the team needs to kill, but it really is up to the team to actually do it all. And thats why i think that buildings should be able to build themselves, or through scripting by the comm as an replacement for builders. Think of Age of Empires, when you build, but then without the guy building it leaving the building and the construction.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  16. flatmush

flatmush Member

I find that on any given server about 25% of the team know what they're doing, so if one of the decent players is comm that doesn't leave many others to actually fight.

17. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

There's a very good reason why this wouldn't work with existing maps: At the moment, it's possible to place buildings, turrets, etc in places on most maps where nobody can (reasonably) get to build them. Letting the buildings finish themselves would let a comm build a barracks in places where they aren't supposed to be.

That could be fixed by modifying the maps, but this would also make turrets overpowered in many cases (you could drop turrets in the undergrowth as your troops move past, and let them 'grow' to stop the enemy pushback without devoting any of your troops to them.) It would let a comm provide ammo and health to anyone who requests it by dropping an armory, and (perhaps worst of all) drop all sorts of buildings around a cloaked scout who has snuck behind the enemy base. Having five level 3 turrets suddenly appear in a blind-spot in the back of your base because a cloaked scout snuck in is no fun at all.

18. Caelo

Caelo Member

I miss that dude :(

19. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

if the dicks on ur team wont follow orders and the team loses then its there loss.

it might be good if on the title screen there could be a tutorial option that would take u to a vid like on BF2142

20. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

[​IMG]

Damn right