CommandeR Camera Freeze

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tea&Cookies, May 30, 2008.

1. Tea&Cookies

Tea&Cookies Member

Theres a bug where if you scroll out to a certain point (pretty far out) and try to move the camera it locks the camera up so that I cant move it I see whats going on in my view perfectly find but I cant move it.

2. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

That means you've hit the skybox. It just needs to be bigger on some maps (if possible)

3. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

I hope it will be fixed by 2.2 cus its really annoying on some maps. Couldnt Krenzo write the code so that the camera is limited when it is so far from the sky box. ^^

4. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

The camera is basically just the player moving forward and backward on the view axis, so it can't just be changed.

5. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Mappers should fix their maps. Skybox on cyclopean and midbridge is too low. It's a workaround that works well. Maybe it's possible to fix it or limit zooming out so you won't get out of the map.

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  6. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Theres nothing outside of the skybox, if you would go out of it, all you'd see is pixel bleed.

7. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

Don't forget that all entities would disappear, so you wouldn't be able to command your troops.

8. flounder

flounder Member

It's not just an issue with the skybox. Emp_streetsoffire comes to mind. I find myself having to exit and re enter the comm view 30 times in one 15 minute game.

9. Empty

Empty Member

Streets of fire is terrible.
    It eats resources, but can we PLEASE have rooftops?

10. theotherjms

theotherjms Developer

We had them in beta, they unbalanced the map horribly.

11. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I think that what he means is that Streets Of Fire doesn't have any roofs in comm view, you're just looking into nothingness.

12. Empty

Empty Member

I mean that every 10 seconds your camera exits the map and you end up having to log out then in again, I don't want to fight on them, I want to cruise over them.

13. Deiform

Deiform Member

I don't get why the comm clips the environment. Why do we have to navigate around buildings on SoF instead of flying through them?

14. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Because there's probably no easy way to make a difference between the skybox and normal brushes, and since the skybox shouldn't go underneath the map (unless you want performance drop) there's no way to know for sure.
    The only other way is to use a copy of the nodraw texture with a special flag which tells the game that it's the level's boundary, and that commanders can't pass through it. In that case, we'll need a custom compiler which doesn't removes brushes covered in that specific texture.