closer look at scouts

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by blizzerd, May 19, 2016.

?

I feel it is a good idea to have a closer look at improving AVERAGE scout usefulness...

1. Strongly agree

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Tend to agree

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Disagree

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Tend to disagree

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Strongly disagree

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  6. just rebalance already since i know its a useless class in most situations, but preserve the glory.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Scout should be a wildcard class only usefull in very specific moments and tactics

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  8. neutral/undecided, just want to vote all the polls without actually saying anything

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I wanted to buff Scout and why are you going like I am buffing Rifleman?
    I don't get it at all.
    Can anyone else reply and tell me if I actually didn't convey that correctly?

Also my favorite class of all time is Engineer, I actually spent 80% of my game time on Engineer.
    Partially because I can already kill every single one of you as engineer and I can do a lot more as engi, why going rifle?

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

A big man needs a big gun.

3. Ranger

Ranger Member

Today I dominated nf snipers with BEAR damage upgrade and dig-in. on a rooftop in the east of middle houses in railroad. no matter how far and scarcely visible they were, they could not kill me before i killed them. i could survive several hits, 4 i think, even headshots. never actually died. it was 1v3 and two were nubs but still never died. So ye im a bit excited about the new BEAR. Anyway, sniper sux or roflman too stronk?

4. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Sniper sux.
    I plan to make sniper 1-shot kill but takes a few seconds to aim and 3~5 seconds of cycle time, but I think I need other helps, including code/animation.

5. Lazybum

I hope you keep that pistol 1 accuracy out of scope. That's gonna be hilarious.

6. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Nope. Last time I no-scope headshotted paradox from 30 meters away, he called it hax.

7. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

Paradox is a Scrub. He calls everything hax that's better than him.

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i can already see the hundreds of scunts sniping everyone...

sniping people is fun, but not fun for everyon else.

9. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

There's actually one thing we can fix and I think it'll instantly make sniper like 2~3 times more usable.

That is, adding more zoom levels, our current sniper has only 1 zoom level, that's so bad, we needs at least 2~3 zoom levels.

10. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

one of us misinterprets blizzerds last sentence.

being shot at by someone at draw distance is no fun either - especially on maps like ofc duststorm but also mvalley, isle, cyclo and dozens of customs.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  11. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

None of us read that wrong.
    I know he doesn't want me to help sniper but nope, unless we are removing sniper, we'll definitely help it.

12. flasche

but we can draw from past experiences, we had both, utterly useless and quite good scoped rifles* and neither was a satisfying solution - with different issues though.

why cant we just accept that empires has no sniper? we also accept that we have no medic class with the argument "empries is unique, there is no need to copy other games".
    because snipers neigher make nor break empires, theyre just a nuisance.

(not neccessarily something you promoted or not, i dont mean to insinuate either)

*also the inbetween of "usable"

13. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

You know, removing sniper is really easy. If we want to remove it, it's gone like Budget armor. If not, I will help it like Absorbant armor. I will not allow a "take to be useless" weapon to exist.

So, yeah, do we want to remove sniper?

EDIT: I personally think adding multiple zoom levels will make our sniper "usable".

14. flasche

i know, it only needs the cool to sustain the bitching afterwards. becasue omg without the sniper rifle empires isnt empires ...
    ... because its all about building sniperriflefactories where you can customize your sniperrifles with sniperrifle research. :D

also your reasoning isnt wrong, if it stays it should be as useful as any other weapon, i fully agree to this part.
    making it worse because the mechanic doesnt work so well on wide open maps which empires has plenty of is just dumb.

15. Lazybum

Give it to engineer. It'll be radical.

16. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

Snipers need higher draw distance. All of empires needs it.

17. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

its amazing that some people don't realize empires isn't counterstrike.

This game needs big open maps. Many FPSs don't. And many FPSs don't have such a huge focus on vehicles. As long as Empires has vehicles it will have huge open areas that infantry will occasionally have to run across like a duck in a shooting range. So snipers will either be OP, or complete shit, or OP on open maps and complete shit in every other scenario. Currently Empirs is somewhere halfway - the rifle is somewhat decent on open maps and utter garbage on the rest.

Please, please, please do not buff the rifle. I would rather have shitters on my team be useless than Empires become a game where people sit still head shotting each other from a cross the map until someone has enough wages to build a medium with a chain gun.

18. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Like I said, unless we are removing sniper rifle, I am not going to sit with "shitters on your team because they picked that useless weapon".
    It's the same as I am not going to sit with "you will lose this game because you researched Absorbant".

A better sniper rifle won't downgrade this game, I'd say what you described is a little bit exaggerated.
    We might just give sniper rifle more zoom levels.

19. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Honestly, more zoom levels is a fine idea. But what I said may have been the worst case scenario, but now as part of the dev team it's yor job to think ahead and ensure you know what consequences the changes you make will have. I've been trying to stress that for multiple threads. If you make the Scout Rifle good at sniping, and I'm not saying more zoom levels will do that, you have to understand there will be less engineers at the game start not just from people playing scout, but people having to anticipate scouts and picking less engineers to compensate so they can kill the scouts.

Anyway, the best solution for the Sniper, if not being removed, is to be buffed, given more zoom levels, removing any potential for a noscope, and then being given to the rifleman.

20. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I've been predicting what my changes will do with fairly high accuracy. You don't have to stress that for me.

I can understand if 1-2 players will go Scout (intentional or unintentional like a nub) but how exactly is that a bad thing?

Keep in mind, this is very important, now we consider "less engineers more scouts" a bad thing mainly because scout is useless. "Less engineers because they are being useful as other classes" is NOT a bad thing.

Unless you agree with my other buffs for Scout, we are so not going to just buff sniper and take it away from Scout and let Scout to stay dead.

Last edited: May 28, 2016