Class Specific Traits

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by KILLX, May 7, 2008.

1. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11 Member

I like this idea, I think the engi basically already has their trait though.

2. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

The speed increase for scouts seems to be a very popular idea. The health thing... Well, the problem is, scouts are already suffering from 'uselessness syndrome' a lot. This would just encourage them to snipe from a distance (even if their scoped rifle is taken out, it sounds like they'll still have a suitable accurate weapon for long-range.)

But the basic idea isn't bad. One thing I would like to suggest, though: Maybe make them take more damage, rather than decreasing their health? This would be in line with the way riflemen work (though in the other direction), and somehow, I like that more... although I'm not sure why.

They might not need anything. They're already an all-around class, it makes sense for them to be 'average'.

Disagree. This would reduce teamwork. Grenadiers can actually be very powerful with an ammo box or armory nearby... it's just that comms are so bad about dropping armories. Grenadiers are the anti-tank class, and, let's face it, usually games are won or lost on killing tanks... so I think it makes sense for them to be the class most dependant on other classes. When you get down to it, for infantry operations, the rifleman exists to protect the grenadier from infantry, the engineer exists to give the rifleman cover and ammo, and the scout exists to give the grenadier intel on where to aim their shots... to some extent, anyway. Grenadiers aren't intended and shouldn't be able to be particularly effective on their own; that would hurt every other class significantly, since (when you get down to it) Grenadiers have the most important job after Engies.

3. KILLX

KILLX Banned

The scout is NOT a combat class. Boosting their health would encourage them to be frontline infantry. That's the rifleman's job. Scout is for recon, thats why is has hide, radar stealth, silencer, and enhanced senses (allows sneaking around people by knowing where they are).

4. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

A scout health nerf in exchange for speed would encourage them to ambush people rather than snipe. Sniping only works with low health if you kill people before they react, which is more or less impossible without a sniper rifle. The best way to fight with a fast low health class is either close range ambushing (using speed and stealth to get into position) or hit and run (using speed once again).

Sure people might try to snipe but they'd be retarded to keep doing it.

5. polaski

polaski Member

The scoped rifle even a sniper rifle(look at some other games for snipers) is to take out high priority targets and cause panic which is does pretty well. scout class should require a little skill to use. Scout/sniper classes are generally fast and weak but aren't supposed to be a front line unit, there supposed to operate behind both friendly and enemy lines not between them. Scout need to operate independatly from its squad either providing overwatch or to provide an ambush. But a scout still to still be able to support its "team" when it goes solo into a base, that part needs to be expanded just a little. Also the radar stealth needs buffing, I dont really see to many commanders using the radar offensively so there really is almost no point to ever get it, i do know engis place radars, I just think there needs to be a better point to use this. An aura i would love to see would be a +5% to hide when in very close proximity to another scout(possible to be overpowering due to double snipers) for an infiltration or sniper/spotter unit.

Riflemen are basicly close to medium front line troopers. There gear already does that. But in this game they got body armor, i would love to see a slight auto regen aplied to this class, since projectiles are partly stoped but there is still the shock of the round hitting the person so a quarter of damige is recovered. A nice thing i would like to see would a damage increase aura which affects grenaders only for there anti armor weapons which would make some sense in some casses but I don't think it should be stackable with other riflemen, becouse a scout spots targets, and a engi provides ammo but the rifleman is almost left out the the group due to the rifleman provides cover for the grenader.

Grenaders, to be honest, seem over powered they are the best tank killers and tank drivers, and can almost kill everything with ease. I mean it takes 2 scouts to kill a building but it only takes 1 gren to kill the CV and 3 other building instantly, give or take spacing and positioning. So having a base increase to ammo would be a terrible idea. Both riflemen and grenaders are both front line combat units, so a grens destructive power should be slightly enhanced by a friendly rifleman nearby to protect him.

Engie as it stands are very over powered, there supposed to be a support/builder unit so a small decrease to health would turn them into just that but nothing as drastic as it would be for the scout. Another thing for this class that would possibly overpowered would be an AI overide for there deployed turrets, It would be cool bit i dont think its that needed for a game like this.

6. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

When I said 'increasing the damage they take', I meant have them take more damage from hits, not 'increasing the damage they can survive'.

It's a minor difference, but it means that, say, they wouldn't be healed any faster by engineers or other regen effects (which they would, if you simply reduced their numerical health).

7. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

The difference between less damage taken (as the rifleman got)
    and more health is the abstractnes.

You can easily figure out the strongest class by looking at the health it gets.
    Less damage taken is more abstract and not so easy to "get". I bet most
    new players dont know that the rifleman is harder to kill ^^ .

So im for more health instead of less damage taken.

8. Dannyboy

Dannyboy Member

When I snipe, I have two objectives in mind.

To take out the highest priority unit, which is the engineer, then scout, rifleman, grenadier.

My second objective, is to make them keep their heads down, and keep them from moving to the objective I'm defending for as long as possible

I also tell my team and spot armour, maybe for every 3-5 different vehicle, unit and buildings they spot they get a point.

9. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Scout should gather informations and overlook the area, ok?
    Then why its possible to sneak behind nearly every sniper and melee him ^^

10. Dannyboy

Dannyboy Member

because they make the fatal mistake of not listening an watching their surroundings

11. manhunt0r

manhunt0r Member

because most of them are dumb retarded kids?

12. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

Empires + TF2 = EXTRA WIN TIMEZ

Thats all I am seeing from this thread.

13. Empty

Empty Member

This is why I always get enhanced senses if I'm planning on sniping over open ground :D