Clan graphics

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Aurora, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Just use a custom skin, its not as large as a model.

2. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Guys, skins are client side, which means no problems making people look like whatever you want, but no one else will see them. Also, now most servers are enforcing consistency to prevent cheating (Making the CTS solid blue and T's solid red to where they can't hide, or other things in Empires).

Indeed, models are out of the picture for practical reasons.

And JJ45, we have decals like you describe, they are called sprays. But in order to get a spray-like thing on a person that ISN'T a sprite IS more complicated then it seems.

I can't provide the technical know-how though, and I may be wrong, but no dev has really contributed to one side or the other :/

3. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Umm it might be a problem when the scout goes into hide mode, the eyes are already visible.

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I think we should disable sprays in this game. if people want to recruit, then telling them to do so is good enough, right? I actually don't mind the recruiting sprays, but other ones are just damn annoying.

5. Thor

Thor Member

I agree, but not with #4. You don't wear medals while in battle.

6. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

It's really good for making out the prime target if someone has some stars pinned on him. Combat designation = bad.

7. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

We'll have to see how noticable the graphics will be. But that day feels quite distant at this moment...

8. Goose

Goose Member

Bullshit Thor. While im busting up someone's grill with my mortar. I want that sorry SOB to see my bling from a mile away. That way he sees the bling, he stays the fuck away from me.

9. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

You mean like this?
    [​IMG]

10. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

And then you go try and take a swim and sink faster to the bottom then a diver wearing 25 2.5 lb weights?

A custom area on the model can be created which can be used for the medals, that texture will either be defult (Cant tell the diffrence) or with some crap on it (Like bling that you can see a mile away)

11. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

I don't see why you'd have medals on your combat uniform, seems silly to me :-P

Maybe you could have that be for something, but I don't think people'd use it for medals. The armpatch and the helmet spots, though, are pure awesome. I'd love to have a 42nd patch on the arm, an Alpha patch on the helmet side or something, and a medic cross on the helmet.

12. picard131

picard131 Member

Yeah, I say (If it could be done), an armpatch, helmet side, and that's it. If you were gonna use medals, they should be pre-loaded things to pick from.

13. eth0

eth0 Member

My tuppence worth: yeap like the ideas of both custom uniform and float-above-head logo.

Custom uniforms: i imagine your gonna have to get pretty close to a player to even start to make out a basic logo shape/colour, problem is the most prominent place would be the back of the jacket and the most odd for a miltary-esq uniform on the other hand (refering back to JJ45's diagram) those places may too small, especially for lower end gfx cards to render them at any decent quality.

Floaty-head-logo thing: I'd suggest that like with squads you'd only see the (clan) logo if you on the same side and also only renders "detailed" stuff when within a certain distance... iirc there is a server cvar that does this already?

Cheers

14. Angry

Angry Junior Member

I'm sorry I'm just opposed to have the clan logos in the front of the vest and helmet. I mean, the finnish military doesnt have a giant finnish flag on it now does it? however on the sides is great.

15. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

On the arm, my uniform has the Union Flag, plus my (lack of) rank, and my contingent. (It's called a brassard I think and know i'll be corrected)

Anyway that would be usefull (maybe if the rank you get ingame could be uploaded to it)

Oh and medals in battle arn't real medals, theyre just the ribbons

16. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

Militaries don't usually have flags on their men and equipment, they have emblems. FB's flag looks like this:

[​IMG]

However, we'd use this picture on the uniform:

[​IMG]

17. Exo2000

Exo2000 Member

Well, you could do it this way I suppose. Have a screen in the config area that allows you to choose three decals to put on preset locations; ex;

1. Side of Helmet
    2. Front of Helmet
    3. Shoulder/Arm

The 1st can be used for general decals. Like an ace of spades, a pair of cards, etc.

#2 can be used for rank stuff maybe. A spanner for engineers, a red cross for medics, etc.

#3 can be a clan or faction logo. So if you always play Brenodi, you could choose to have a Brenodi logo on your arm.

Just my 0.2 res. :P

18. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I say this could also be a nice gimmick for players who donated

So they can put decals on their soldiers and veichles; so if you a really good tank commander, people will start to recognize your insignia on the tank and flee in terror...

19. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

:p Not in the fighting gear, but for the holiday gear we did have armpatches with finnish flag.

20. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

unlucky with that, I guess the holiday gear just makes people laugh... just kidding! I would like to be in the army.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.