Character customization

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by urethra franklin, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. urethra franklin

urethra franklin Member

Please include options to change your soldiers appearance, hair, dick size, gender, sex, etc

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Ahahahahahahahahahaha.

Serious? Why? Lets forget about the technical reasons of why that's never happening. I'll just talk about why this kind of shit is pointless and I hate seeing it in games. Opinions incoming.

IT DOES NOTHING, just to start of with. I mean you don't even see yourself for 99% of the game if it is a first person. Even in a third-person game you don't have many opportunities to see yourself because you end up changing your attire you can't recognize what you looked like.

Whenever I see a game with real elaborate character customization I always ask what else could they have done with that time. Something practical, something substantial, something that puts a smile on my face because it was an enjoyable experience. Being able to set my eyebrows 2 millimeters higher than the default does nothing for me.

I can understand this being in a open world thing like gta or elder scrolls, the system is already there for when they have to make hundreds of people to populate that world. I just don't get the point in multiplayer games or a game like dark souls, where you either don't see it or there's no one else to see it. It would be cool if some of those physical traits did something, like being tall gave you a longer reach or being short made you harder to hit, but that never happens.

Only thing that is somewhat acceptable for me is when there is a gender option, usually because dialog and storylines might change from it. I have never seen a character say anything about my beautiful bald head and delightful monocle.:(

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Dat bait, dat catch.

4. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Don't remember me, i was so disappointed that i couldn't bang my bridge officer in Mass Effect 3 because she wasn't into men... :(

5. Empty

Empty Member

reported
    deleted
    banned
    closed forum account
    locked this section of the forums
    called the cops
    fleeing the country
    nuking the moon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.