Capturable Enemy buildings

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by jongscx, Oct 10, 2008.

1. jongscx

jongscx Member

Make enemy buildings capturable... Nuff said.

Ok, not really. I did some searching, and didn't find it... which I found kinda odd.

My idea:
    Have building be destroyed like normal, either through calculator, nades, enemy fire, whatever. Now, the engineer has a set amount of time to RE-build the structure (pointing at the destroyed structure will show a clock running out, if it's not rebuilt when time's up, it degrades to nothing).
    While the engineer is rebuilding it is able to be damaged by either side (this makes sure that your people will stop shooting at it, to ensure communication between people and give some incentive to not spam shots, while at the same time, the team that lost it can stop the capture process as well).
    When it's rebuilt, it functions like a the building that was destroyed... only for the side that rebuilt it.

This will give incentive to actually take old bases b/c instead of having to build structures, you just need a team of engies, and you can spend your res on tanks :-D

...On that same train of thought, capturable enemy vehicles. But you won't have to destroy them first... Just kill the driver and drive off... except the CV of course...

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  2. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

destroy, take, sell, repeat

would be a nice extra cash ^^

3. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

This has been suggested before and was denied.
    Just imagine someone losing a railheavy to the enemy, and then your team won't know who is who.

4. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Capturable buildings have been suggested before, doing it this way I would suggest you'd still pay a res cost, but it'd be something like 1/2 to 2/3 instead.

Capturable vehicles...well, let's not go there.

5. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Problem with changing them is that different buildings have different models for each team. What if I'm a NF engie and I capture a BE rax under the bridge in streets of fire? There's no room for one of my team's raxes there...

That could probably be fixed somehow (by not allowing a capture if there's no room, say), but aside from that... well, I simply don't like this idea. Blowing up a building already gives your team a big advantage. What's the point of giving your team even more of an advantage by capturing it? There could be serious balance issues here -- one engineer stumbles across an undefended building, and boom, their team gets a 400-800 res boost. That's bad enough already; no need to make it worse.

What does this add to the game? What aspect of gameplay are you trying to change or improve? Is there a balance issue you're trying to address? Etc.