Cancer cured?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Aeoneth, May 15, 2011.

1. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

right. DNA inserted into stem cells.

i also propose that all those stem cell nay sayers can suck my pee pee. whatever medical advances come out of it that extends life or saves life, i dont think they should be entitled to use those technology that comes from it. they might believe its murder and what not or goes against their faith, but they try to push their values onto others. if you dont believe in the use of stem cells.. then dont care or dont use anything derived from it.

2. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

also.. for some, "natural selection" in human beings is called eugenics and its immoral. to be honest, i think our medical advances to save people with defective genes is gonna cost us in the long run. its like how the use of antibiotics incorrectly is gonna fuck us over. anyone else read about bed bugs carrying MRSA? that is fucking scary. you can die from that shit and bed bugs are making a comeback and is more prevalent with people going to other countries or state for business/fun/sex. bed bugs are getting spreaded.

3. Zeke

Zeke Banned

I'm not saying that one type of people should be killed.
    What i'm saying is that if people are going to spend money then i'd rather see the money going to what is going to save the most.

If there is 1 in a billion who is born and capable of obtaining a super rare deadly disease which doesnt affect others, then i'd prefer if those 1 in a billion die from it, rather than society spending millions of foundings to find a cure for the few people capable of getting it.
    Instead i'd take that cash and fix something that affects a lot of people.
    It's a matter of priotising really.

a good example is "help ashley"
    she needs hyperbaric oxygen treatment or some shit like that....
    Cost a fortune and gives her a bit more normal movement.
    a lot of people go "bawww poor her - ill give her some money"
    WHILE
    on the other hand the same cash she needs could easily support several children with food, home, school, etc for their whole childhood...
    by AMERICAN standards.
    If we talk about basic survival for example for african children, then the same ammount of money she needs could keep tons of em alive.
    (and this is just for the treatment, im not including all the assistance she gets, all her special needs, etc)

long story short: i wouldn't give a flying fuck about those rare cases and instead do whats best for the population as a whole.

wanna call me evil?
    i consider it evil to save one when having the opportunity to save many.

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

and the best thing is - we could "save" both ...

... very theoretically since its not what "we" want ...

... errr ...

... yes :rolleyes:

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

eugenics is not immoral but some practises inspired by eugenics are, in short its "applied science or the biosocial movement which advocates the use of practices aimed at improving the genetic composition of a population"

killing people or making them sterile is not really morally defensible

i agree selective breeding is stupid, because you are creating more problems (inbreeding) then solving them, but if for example there would be a gene treatment that would fix inheritable diseases then i could see how it would be mandatory for everyone who has the disease to undergo treatment so that there offspring are healthy

its forcing your ideology on others, like the Americans did with eugenics that's morally corrupted

also of course the nazis etc

6. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Natural selection is not eugenics, artificia selection done by humans is eugenics.

7. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

just rambling D:

i always say.. hey, why do we help this kid with a genetic disorder that hinders his/her life significantly? they'll grow up and have a chance to pass on that disorder to his/her offspring.. and we will end up using our taxes treating all those inflicted with the disorder. which is what i meant my natural selection and eugenics. let those that cant survive.. die. because its suppose to be how it is. but the exception are those that can be treated once and cheaply to survive, i do support the use of cheap and PROPERLY used antibiotics/antivirals/antifungal.

people with insulin deficiencies, i think diabetes mellitus? what do you think will happen once society goes to shit and theres no more insulin shots?.. they are pretty much screwed and well have like a few million people dying from the excess glucose in the blood and not enough glucose being taken into cells. then those bodies will lie around.. rotting because we dont have enough space to bury them or can bury them fast enough.. and probably some plague or something will affect the others that result from this.

its more of a financial burden, keeping a bad gene in the pool, and for the most part (NOT ALWAYS) live a crappy life. the other day, i admire these two interracial couple. they adopted like 3 disabled children. im not sure if they care for them or just want to collect government aid money.. but commendable i guess.

the nazis have it all wrong. to have strong "race".. you must interbreed with other "races" so the bad genes might get covered up ;s..

8. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

9. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

I can't use the ignore function because I end up un-ignoring that person to see a post and then to re-ignore.

10. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

u can click "view post" on the top right side of the ignored post.

11. Fooshi

Oh wow, I never saw that. :headshot:

12. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Robotsssss

13. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I replaced my heart with a four-stroke Diesel engine and I run it on oils taken from food I eat and oxygen I breath. Very effective you guys should try it.

14. Fooshi

Oh oh oh! A bio diesel car! :D
    1 point for Muffin.

15. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Lasersssssssssssss