C&C 3:Tiberium Wars

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shinzon, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Wizzy

Wizzy Member

I'm game :)

Plus I'd like to play against people who won't berate me for sucking :o

2. Al Fire 101

Al Fire 101 Member

Anyone have the Kane Edition of C&C3? and if you do is there anything really interesting on it?

3. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

From what ive seen Kane edition only has extra maps THATS IT....

Im usualy on hamachi, I can play; I like GDI :D

(I would like scrin too, if they didn't hurt my eyes)

4. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I have kane edition. You get 5 extra maps, different unit skins (optional) and a bonus disc with behind the scenes, strategy vids, wallpapers and a blooper reel :)

What version are you all on btw? I'm on 1.2 just now until someone I know tests 1.3 with something =o

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  5. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

I'm still on 1.2, & ever since I got C&C 3 none of my other games that say "Powered by GameSpy" seem to work online anymore... except for C&C 3 (& I really felt like playing BF2 today :( )

I bought the regular Edition... but I managed to to get for 10 bucks less =D.

6. ^Dee^

BF2 isn't powered by gamespy :P

7. Pope_Homeless_XIII

What meant to say was every game that has "Powered by GameSpy" somewhere on the game package has been giving me problems. Like BF2, & NeverWinter Nights.
    And I just patched C&C 3 to 1.03.

Well I just tried out BF2 & NWN, &... they work now =D, I swear this computer always causes me problems whenever I install something new.

8. Deiform

Deiform Member

I have it and I know how to play it! MWhahahahaha!

I'll be getting 1.3 later, some people on the internets have said it makes the game run a lot smoother.

9. ^Dee^

That was a problem with gamespy servers over the weekend. It should be fixed now :)

10. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

i got the game, anyone down (or up) for a match?

11. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

I have Tiberium Wars, learning how to play well before I risk my ass online, being a Kain fan since 1995 I've not even touched the GDI campaign, and have all but three missions in gold with all bonus objectives and intelligence on the NOD one..

I'm slowly beginning to learn how to rush Scorpions in a matter of three minutes, but seriously- Scrin aircraft is way overpowered, and a good Avatar is way too costly to assemble for it's short duration.

12. ^Dee^

Not to mention the enemy can still it for 500 :P

Patch is supposed to be at the end of this month with all the balance changes. I'm waiting for that before I try it online :)

Also waiting on the new worldbuilder. Would like to make some maps again and worldbuilder was easy to use in generals :)

13. Slithzerikai

I'm kind of missing Tiberian Sun's random map generator, and the NOD Hijacker running off with civillian vehicles... I mean, if NOD is the stealth expert, they should be able to hijack civillian vehicles.

By the way, I'm back for another while.

14. ^Dee^

I noticed. Welcome back :)

There's quite a few things I miss from previous C&C games that aren't in C&C3 and the focus on fast gameplay has kinda left the replayability to the side for me at the moment =(

15. Slithzerikai

I really miss the Hijacker... And when it comes to units, NOD and GDI didn't really change much, Grenadiers replaced by Disc Throwers, that's one of the few things, and the addition of some new units.

But then again, there is no single alternative to NOD's Attack Cycle and Buggy.

I've noticed though, that the cycles have gone from weak to weak-as-shit...

16. ^Dee^

yea, they're craptastic now. Only really good as anti air units in your base :P

17. Slithzerikai

Although they're not cheaper than anti-air batteries, and don't last half as long.

Although, an Attack Buggy can take out a Devestator Battleship all by itself. Good for insta-rank whoring.

18. Pope_Homeless_XIII

I kinda like the attack cycle they're alot cheaper than building SAMs. Though I suck with NOD in Tiberium Wars, in Tiberian Sun I was almost unstopable with them (unstoppable if If my friend and I allied & merged our bases together to create two super bases, my artillary, Sams, & Tick Tanks & his Obilisk & laser defense combined, rarely did anyone ever destroy our stuctures, except when they launched those auto drones). I do miss those Tick tanks, & being able to select songs from the playlist.

19. Slithzerikai

Online, there was this guy named EADevAmes on the channel, I told him flat out that Tiberium Wars was a step down from Tiberian Sun, and he said that he thought I never even played Tiberian Sun. With those developers, it doesn't surprise me the storyline games of Command & Conquer are crumbling.

20. ^Dee^

The developers are pro tourney players. They don't care about what makes C&C, C&C. They only care about league play and fast gameplay.