Buildings

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by -UWE- Advisor, Feb 9, 2008.

1. -UWE- Advisor

-UWE- Advisor Member

isnt it really annoying when your on the NF team and your only barracks keeps getting killed too many times?

why not make it a bit lower? its well freaking huge
    i single-handedly took out 3 of em with just a t1 ml
    it got killed 32 minutes after they was killed lol

the BE barracks is 3x smaller (stack the BE barracks three times, youll notice omg)

its just too freaking huge, at least adjust the barracks so its like the BE one
    also as a small addition, on the barracks could be a ladder leading to the roof where a small ammo depot is for the aircraft ^^

2. Moose

Moose Member

sorries pal, this has been suggested several times, i couldnt tell you what the responses are though. give it a search

3. -UWE- Advisor

-UWE- Advisor Member

oh yeah i remember >.O

thanks for telling me
    even though one of the developers could say something like yes or no if they could lower the height

could be an improvement?

4. Moose

Moose Member

Its a delicate situation as the change would require editing the model. That can be difficult. I would rather advocate increasing the NF rax's health.

5. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

The be barack is ninjas friend, so i think its even. Same for the radar

6. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

There's some new stuff in the works for the NF barracks, IIRC it will become the same size as the BE one

7. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Why don't you and Hawkeye go rambo up a new model for the developers to insert into the game. It would make their job easier and it would make the game more fun for you, and likely make it easier to get almost 326!

8. Starcitsura

Starcitsura Member

There is a major disadvantage by having such a tall building. The only reason you would want a taller building is if it gave you an advantage that balanced the disadvantage. One thing that came to mind for me was an observation/sniper level, that you could get up to, on the second story of the barracks. So the disadvantage of the hight is now also an advantage because you can shoot down at people/things.

Just like the BE barracks has sorta hidden rooms that allow the enemy to hide in, the BE players can also hide in those rooms to avoid stray and not so stray enemy fire.

9. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

I think buildable high-up sniper spots (like towers) have already been nixed. They'd just unbalance some maps too much.

Mind you, I think it could be cool, but I'm not sure it would be good for the gameplay as a whole. (Don't forget, you basically have unlimited ammo in a barracks, too, since you can just change class.)

10. Reef

Reef Member

In some other topic this issue was discussed and one of the devs said that the new NF rax model is finished (or is almost finished? ) and it will be ingame in the next release (I suppose he meant the major one).
    Getting windows on a second floor of NF rax and ladders inside, would certainly make the thing more balanced, because You could defend it against tanks pretty effectively (as You can wall with BE rax and stand on it to rocket incoming tanks. This idea is worth considering, I think.

11. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

I agree that it could be cool and worth considering, but there are problems to consider, too.

Think of the ruins in Duststorm, say. A sniper or grenadier standing in the top of the barracks could probably shoot over all the ruin walls, hitting people or buildings anywhere in the ruins. Is that overpowered, or is it suitably balanced by the building's vulnerability? I don't know, but it's something to think about... adding buildable 'towers' (which is what this would turn the barracks into) would complicate maps a great deal.

In any case, I think they've already made a smaller model? So it seems likely that they're going to go with that, since nobody wants to discard models that have already been made (although I guess this does mean we're discarding the existing barracks model?)

12. gezor

gezor Member

i hope that the new NF barracks has the same height as the BE one. the current one is fuckin huge. u can hit it from everywhere.

13. Reef

Reef Member

Afaik now they are 5 times higher than BE. New model has it only 3 times bigger than BE ;) But I may be wrong on this one.

14. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I would make the NF barracks just the right hieght to fit under the bridge in SOF.. Then I think it would be pretty even.. Still taller then BE not as wide

15. davee magee

davee magee Member

i know this is offtopic...

but i LOL'ed

16. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

17. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

i remember that!

i can't believe it was never implemented. there was a model and all.

18. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

It's either "Cue" or "Queue", not both :p

19. Shadowhunter

Shadowhunter Member

the nf barracks should be lowered its too high easy to spot and easy to kill with the be one your pretty much near it so enemy can jsut shoot you but with the nf one you are just at a distance shooting it and they are trying to get you and then they die and they just get very mad

20. KILLX

KILLX Banned

a) Look at date of last post.
    b) It's already being worked on.