Building-specific sabotage resistance.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Aquillion, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

I think it would be useful if different buildings had different 'resistances' to sabotage. There could be two numbers in the scripts -- one that lowers the rate at which they take damage, and one that makes them take longer to sabotage.

This could be used to (for instance) make it harder to sabotage a rax, and make the rax take longer to self-destruct, while leaving it easy to sabotage a turret or armory, and only moderately difficult to sabotage a ref. Of course those could be juggled around however people want -- once it's in the scripts it'll be easy to fiddle with.

2. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

I don't know, but it doesn't sound that bad

3. OuNin

OuNin Member

Well, they already have different amounts of health. The destruction is only linear. A change in effectiveness of sabotage between structures doesn't read well or immediately with players.

4. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

They do? I swear i saw all base buildings going bam-bam one by one after like 2 mins because of one scout

afaik only turrets have like 1/3 hp

5. Wertbarg

Wertbarg Member

most structures have the same HP, you can tell by how much calculator power it takes to build them for the most part, thats why turrets die very fast, they do not take long to build (in so, the have less hp)

6. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

All buildings have the same HP, but different (for 2.23 hardcoded) resistances. I dunno how sabotage copes with these resistances though

7. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

It doesn't, it ignores them and they in turn believe that because sabotage is ignoring them, they should ignore it, and fail to resist it.

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

could you explain again in layman terms or some of the kind a bit easier?

i don't understand :(

9. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Sabotage damages all buildings at the same rate, either because it's a percentage drain, or because it uses a damage type buildings have the same resistance to.

Also that was laymans terms.

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i understand now, im sorry i guess i am just a little dumb now and then :'( english is also not my native tongue if it is an excuse at all