Buff the pussy rifle (50.cal)

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Tovarich Cookie, Aug 23, 2009.

1. harryhoot1

harryhoot1 Member

the NFHR is great, like the garand (pretend it is, and maybe youll shoot better :P)
    i dont understand why people dont like the ironsights for it, i play 800X600 and its just fine

just make it reload faster and everything will be dandy (larger clip would be nice also)

2. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I really tried it yesterday and i had a good score with 1280x800 no Anti Alaising and a ping over 250. It took between 3 and 6 bullets to kill people.

3. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

umm, let me point out a couple of things.

Falloff base for the carbine is 70%. That means at the fall off distance, the bullet will only do 16 damage. at 2000 units away.

For reference, lets use money. The canopy in money is roughly 2000 units long. From one side of that canopy, to the other, you will only be doing 16 damage tops.

Now, the NF .50 cal has a falloff range 200 units further, and a fall off base of 85%. This means that a single shot at a range about an armory's width further away (nf armory) will do 30 damage.

In my experience, at ranges around 2000+ units away, odds are that you will only hit 2/3 shots on your becarbine at best. So tbh, it's about even. the NF .50 cal is a 2 headshot kill from half way across the bridge in money. That is opposed to a 4 shot head shot from a carbine.

If you want to say that at full damage the weapons are unbalanced, just remember that just about every gun in the game can kill much more efficiently at the range which these guns do full damage. Also take into consideration that the be carbine has a much steeper damage drop from falloff compared to the NF .50cal.

If anything, it simply needs to have 50% more ammo.

4. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

and a faster reload speed. by far.

5. Empty

Empty Member

What the hell are you on. None of those matchups are nearly correct.

6. Demented

Demented Member

Here's how it really works...

Short Range:
    Carbine > Assault Rifle > SMG1 > 50cal > Demented w/ BEAR > SMG2 > Pistol1 > Demented w/ SMG2

Medium Range:
    Carbine > 50cal > Assault Rifle > SMG1 > Demented w/ BEAR > Pistol1 > SMG2 > Demented w/ NF AR

Long Range:
    50cal > Carbine > Assault Rifle > SMG1 > Demented w/ Assault Rifle > Pistol1 > SMG2 > Demented w/ HE Arty Tank

Oh, and CQB...
    SMG2 > Sticky Grenades > Melee > Mines > Seismic Grenades > Thin Air > Coughing > Spitting > Shouting Foul Words > Shouting Compliments > Praying For Mercy > Being Too Dumb To Know You Should Die > Demented w/ Melee

There is something flipping wrong with melee.

7. Dragoon

Dragoon Member

I may sound a bit harsh and I am sorry for that, but anyone that complains about the this rifle and has not at least 100 kills done with it simply fails.
    I don't take sex advise form virgins either.

8. Empty

Empty Member

Here's how it goes.

Short

Shotgun Pistol > Mortar > ARs > BECAR > SMG2 > Machine Pistol > RPG > Pistol1s > SMG1 > 50Cal

Medium
    Mortar > BECAR > AR > SMG2 > SMG1 > RPG > 50cal > Shot Pistol > Pistol1s > Machine pistol

Long
    BECAR > 50Cal > BEAR > SMG1/SMG2 Equal > RPG > NFAR > Mortar > Pistol 1s > Shot Pistol > Machine Pistol

9. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

thats how it really works:

tank > your stupid little gun

10. Demented

Demented Member

Sticky grenades > Your big charred hunk of metal that was once called a tank in its former life

followed by ...

Researched armor on a heavy tank > Your pissass-weak plastic doohickeys that misalign my headlights

11. SnowDrakE

SnowDrakE Member

Less recoil and faster reload plus 1 extra clip would go a long way IMHO.

12. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

NFhr has no recoil its just faked.

13. SnowDrakE

SnowDrakE Member

Yeah but it distracts a lot when you are aiming down the iron sights. As a (relatively) new player, I didn't know this until I hopped on the forums. Perception means a lot to the players.

Remember that story where one game designer in some other game basically increased the size of one weapon (model only) and altered the sound to have more *oomph* and after it was released, the players complained that this particular weapon was buffed too much and started crying for nerfs.

The recoil is far too much for the power it has. Especially if it's only the model, not the actual stats.

14. Dan911

Dan911 Member

i didnt even notice the 50 cals did different damage

15. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

by 50 cal we mean the NF rifle 2 (50 cal) not the vehicle mounted 50 cal MG, FYI

16. RKB53

RKB53 Member

Why do you all think the carbine is over powered wtf

The assault rifle obliterates it

17. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

me, you, and a few peopl know it but others dont.

this game isnt just for the pros, you know.

18. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Duststorm you and me, I get the carbine, you can have any gun you want.

19. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Yes because one on one duels on duststorm are perfectly indicative of a general empires game.

And 'me vs you' perfectly demonstrates which weapon is superior and couldn't possibly have anything to do with which player is the better shot.

20. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i think the problem here is for example you have 2 guns

a super awp instant kill with only 1 ammo

the bear

1 on 1 the awp will probably win most of the times, but in a real game the awp is useless because you can only kill 1 player with it, and hitting someone is hard because of only getting 1 shot at it