Buff the grenadier

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Aurora, May 30, 2006.

?

Read my post and vote about what you agree:

1. Increase GL damage

34 vote(s)
    50.7%
  2. Satchel charges

31 vote(s)
    46.3%
  3. Normal grenades

8 vote(s)
    11.9%
  4. Other

14 vote(s)
    20.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bishop Gantry

Bishop Gantry Member

So it has nothing to do with the class itself... hmm;) ?

2. BoF

BoF Member

Basically people suck at grenadiers, that's why you dun see them that much in game.

3. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

this is a good idea,,

4. Ganks

Ganks Banned

I never use an ML to destroy a turret, boss. I always use grenades. Using a turret is, well, a waste of a turret.

Grenadiers are fine just as they are. Increasing the damage is going to unbalance them. Mark my words.

5. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Personally I'd like to see damage increase skill on grenadier. If you're going to go against this then I must ask you: Have you ever tried to take down artillery tank with regenerative armor as a grenadier? I shot one three times in the arse armor with RPG and a couple of times with the mortar and it didn't seem to have any effect. The arty guy just laughed and drove away(yes, he really laughed and thanked his regenerative armor. And for the record I don't think there's anything wrong with the regenerative armor as it is balanced in tank battles).

This skill would work like the one with riflemen, but to make it matter the percentage should be larger than 10% as 8 damage more against tank doesn't do anything(20% or 25% more would already matter that's 16 or 20 damage more for RPG, of course it should also increase the mortar damage too(11 more on 10%, 22 more on 20% and 27.5 on 25%. These are for comparison and before you bring out the infatry argument consider that the mortar is originally an infantry deterrent). But the trickyness of mortar usage balances it out nicely).

6. Lion_IX

Lion_IX Member

Ummm, grenadier class doesn't suck, it's the person who plays the grenadier that does. Personally, I usually rock with the grenadier class, sometimes making more kills on infantry than anything else :P .

And I'm not voting in this poll because grenadiers are fine as is.

7. Goose

Goose Member

If you saw the demo's from the match GK vs. BSID match yesterday. You can see that grenadiers dont need a boost. One BSID grenadier (with the help of infantry cover and support) was able to take out GK's Radar, Refinery, VF, and Barracks. All in under 5-6 mins. While he was getting kills on the enemy infantry. If you believe that a grenadier is in need of a buff you are mistaken. Maybe a slight adujstment yes, but a buff no. Giving him the ability to wield an smg instead of a pistol, then yes. I mean if a pansy ass engie gets a smg then the biggest toughest guys should be able to defend against a support class. Maybe give them satchel charges, that works, but odds are mines do the same thing. You always have idiots running around tripping them. If you do anything to the grenadier let their detect armor skill, show building life bars and such as if you were an engie deconstructing it. And make the detect armor skill more noticeable then having you look at one side and say hey this armor is 100%, which side doesnt have 100% let me run around a tank and look. I dont know, maybe have the tanks show up in differnt colors for grenadiers only based on how damaged it is. Say sides are green if full, and more red if they are damaged, maybe not colored if they are gone. I dont think they need any damaged increase on anything. Except the rocket now seems to be used more for sniping turrets because the mortar is just so much more powerful to hit moving tanks and such.

8. hadji

hadji Member

I voted for standard grenades, myself. I don't think it needs a power buff, but something to make it a little more robust. Grenades ad a little more anti infantry edge without taking it too far (way to go, 30 second grenade timer).

I think it was something that used to be in, but rather than a satchel charge, make a rocket/mortar shot detonate the mines. Or maybe 3-4 hits. That would be nice and powerful, and take some work to pull off. You'd not only have to run in and drop the mines, but take a few (noticeable) shots to blow them. This gives the enemy a sporting change to do something about it. And since mines are limited, it puts a cap on how much power you can add, as well as lets you use smaller amounts as needed.

Just an idea. I personally enjoy playing grenadier, but I have to concur that a gren vs. tank battle tends to be one-sided. If you actually pop a tank down low, they just run off, the eng gets out and fixes it, and they come back to play again. You'll eventually run out of ammo without support, or life over time. And playing at range is just foolish, as any person with half a brain can avoid a rocket at range (hell, I stand still and jump over them as infantry sometimes).

9. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

unless the firer is a non noob and holds control to guide it
    but thats not very helpful, either.