=[BSID]= vs. ‡|JPL|‡

Discussion in 'Clans' started by tkeracer619, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

i dont think anything will change the outcome

were caged pitbulls waiting to be let loose

2. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

It's kind of annoying when you say "they" every 5 words. We have diffrent people saying diffrent things, some are waiting 'till 1.08, others are saying to use R&D as a way of not playing 1.07 but not having to wait. Others, like me, really don't care about that, and are just worried about practicing and if they can be there for the match :D

3. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

That was a question, not a demand.

Once again: Question. The R&D settings are there to make the weapons more balanced for both teams. You should know, you've tested them!

Umm, I guess... If you want to play a clanmatch :p

Yes.

Eth0 said this about using the server to our advantage during a clanmatch: "I'd rather shoot myself in the face."

EDIT: Oh right, clanmatch. So, does anyone have a date in mind? Next week (after New Year) perhaps?

4. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

advantage?
    If I wanted an advantage I would use all the exploits in this version to make us win.
    Just because you just started a clan and demand a clan match doesnt mean you can just come here and insult us. BSID doesnt owe you anything so get over it.

5. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

We could wait until v1.8, but that could take some time :P.

6. Carnifex

Carnifex Member

Lol, I'm just not playing Empires atm. Busy drooling over Vanguard and spending time with my family due to the holidays.

Oh, next week I can't play, then I'm off to a skiing trip to Italy.

7. supaste

supaste Member

...i should be able to play...

8. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Beerdude, most of us just want a clan match, but it is kind of fluid; excuse out inpatience, but we are getting a little bit frustrated

As for you not owing us anything; most of the members in our clan have been on the forums and playing Empires for a LONG time, we did atleast a small part for the community; be it training and helping out some nub on a server...

as for the date How about the December 30th?

9. Beerdude26

Right before New Years Eve? I'll ask everyone, but don't be too sure.

10. Chahk

Chahk Member

Yes, perfect. Let's time it right and start the match at 11:59pm.

Are you kiddin me? I can promise you that neither clan will show up and the spectators will win by default. I suggest Saturday or Sunday of the following week, 6th or 7th. By that time most people will dry up from their hangovers and come back from long holiday weekends.

11. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Thats the day before new years eve :p

12. Beerdude26

Exactly :p I'm able to come, but my gf is going to be furious lol

13. Thor

Thor Member

Well, whats your point? Most of ur members have been around the same time, if not longer than you.

14. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

My point was that he made it sound like our clan just poped out of nowhere, with members not recognized by anyone, and that we are nothing but an upstart weed...

Lets keep this more about the time...

@Beerdude, ROFL; but seriously is that a good time for everyone?

On a related note, why not choose a representative to speak on behalf of each clan, voicing the opinions of the entire clan, instead of each member posting thier own personal thoughts? Would make the communication alot easier, and organized...

15. dizzyone

I never implied that, all I said was there might be other reasons why we dont want to play, than losing.
    You don't want to know how many times we tried to get a clan match. (with every clan this mod has ever seen except LoC)
    So after almost 9 months of being together you can imagine why not all of us are dying to play a clan match, with a clan of which half just hates our guts.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2006
  16. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

yeah well im down to wait for a later date it would be wierd to play without sonata

17. dizzyone

how about getting some things straightened out first.
    How many rounds are we playing and on which maps.
    What server settings (build max, vehicle max)
    How many spectators. How we want the game to start without any pre-game time, do we just start when the map is loaded, or do we get some time to make up squads, and maybe a neutral referree to check if both sides are keeping their promise.
    An admin or referree is a must in a league or cup, so I dont see why it would be a problem with a clan match, not saying this has to be all serious, just that without pre-game time implimented, this could be a great fix.
    How much of you would agree to try out the R&D settings, and consider it for the match (since Megel did state BSID is officially trying to balance the weapons for 1.08)
    Note: This would also be a great playtest for these settings

We'll atleast have things to think about before the match.

my 2 cents:
    we play 2 rounds, NF and IMP, on 2 maps. You guys choose one map, we choose one map and decide which it will be atleast a week before the match.
    We idd allow everyone of our clan to join the game, we get the time to make a squad, and the commander to get in his vehicle, while atleast remaining in a 100 meter radius around the barracks. We dont get ammo, just a squad and free skill. Then both teams say ready, and wait for the neutral spectator referree super nice guy willing to help us out guy, to say 3 2 1 ready, and thats when we start to move out and do whatever, like get ammo.
    Hard to do with the usual chaos around a match, but would be great if it worked out xD (god I wish this would work)
    build limit would be set to 25, which is more than enough to get 8 refineries, 2 rax, 2 vf, a radar, 2 armories, and 10 turrets.
    Or rather to 20, but I doubt anyone other than me would like this.
    Vehicle limit to 11, one vehicle for every clan member including the command vehicle.

game shouldnt take longer than an 1.5 hour, if the server can hold 24 players, 3 spectators, hopefully someone that can make a demo and ofcourse our refferree. (one spot free just incase)
    Edit also, not trying to set the rules or anything, just getting the ball rolling, you guys can agree on any or discuss things, should be pretty easy to come up with something we both like. The GK match was a mess imo and I just hate it when a game starts like "is the game started yet? hmm seems like the other clan is already building refs, guess the game is started then, altho we are still missing 2 ppl"

18. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Server: Well your R&D server could be a good idea, to properly test your settings in a full fledged Empires game, would be very helpful to balancing efforts.

Around 3 rounds; to keep it exciting (and no way for a draw)
    As for the possible maps, are we going to play standard "Classic" empires, or escot/district (Probably classic)
    For classic possible maps:

Dustorm (1)
    Canyon (1)
    Crossroads (1)
    mvalley (0)
    Slaughtered (0)

My vote is Canyon, Dustorm, and Crossroads...

Settings; For the building limit; it is broken, I don't think this is going to get any nastier then what I have seen on pubs. For the rates I would really much like a 1.5 rate on everything, but thats my personal prefrence...

Starting: Well probably we should all load into a "Test map" first, to see if the server holds up with everyone in there; could be a place to sort out everything, and make sure everyone is present. Then we all load into the match map, and we don't leave the barracks untill the last member loaded in; after that its pretty much god speed; Probably 1 or 2 refs will be needed to make sure everything goes along smoothly... As for spectators, any other free slot avalable (They should stick to team chatting though)

Allowed "Bugs", now as wierd as that my sound, there are some bugs that have become almost second nature to many Empires... One being the calculator ammo bug... the other is the turret death, where you die die to a turret going 1mph... And ofcourse there are more serious ones like "Infinite Armor" and "Nuke Light/AVF" will it be the referees job to count which ones are allowed inmatch? or do we decide now? Since Empires is still pretty buggy, it is important to decide this now...

19. Beerdude26

Infinite armor and nuke lt not allowed, I hope :p
    BTW would it be a draw if the matches take too long and some clanners may have to leave (talking about 4.5 hours here)

20. dizzyone

3 rounds? 1 round on 3 maps? 3 rounds on each map, and 2 maps?
    It would be fair, if both teams atleast got to play both factions on every map, and maybe the 3rd round would be, each clan chooses the faction they want to play as the 3rd round. That would be 6 rounds in total.

And not sure what you mean with the building limit is going to get nastier than on pubs. We agree on a certain buildlimit (or no limit) and we should keep our promise on that. (as in when it says you have reached the maximum server buildlimit, you dont build anymore, its ok to still build that building that is over the limit, but dont go fucking trigger happy)

If we would play in 1.07, I think the calculator bug, is alright to use, its not much of a problem, crashing and dying, are all your own damn problem lol, those should be allowed.

All the others, are why I don't want to play a game during 1.07 :P
    They are to easily to exploit, you get absorbant armor, and well its a viable tactic to research absorbant armor, if we miss you get more health (hurrah for you)
    and the other commander bugs are things you cant check up on either. (at all)
    Even tho Krenzo fixed half of the attack order bug with 1.073, the other half is still in the game, and is a big problem for any match involving strategy.