=[BSID]= Research And Development Server Opened

Discussion in 'General' started by Beerdude26, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

oh, i was refering to the traditional balances...

2. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

Give input if you wish but I have been lobbying for weapon reballencing for ever and am thrilled to no end that BSID is doing it. I am in thier debt. The weapons should be diffrent from side to side. No clone weapons.

Scout rifle as a carbine is brilliant for now. Just know the NF scout rifle will be bolt action after 1.8 so very high accuracy but very low damage is the order of the day. No complaints on this matter.

3. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I'd love to do that, but I'm giving each class at least one "cloned" weapon. For the Riflemen, it's the AR1. The NF Heavy Rifle and the BE Heavy Rifle are vastly different. The HMGs are the same (=default). If someone would like to give ideas to make them different (but equal), go ahead, because I'm not that good at making diversified weapons perfectly balanced :p

Also, the SMG1 and SMG2 are the same for both sides. The SMG1 I thought I would keep the same for both (decent damage, high accuracy), and change the SMG2s (currently: higher damage, slightly lower accuracy, higher rate of fire).

Grenadiers: Pistol1s

Scouts: Carbines are currently the same.

Now, the reason I'm giving them a "cloned" weapon, is because there aren't that much weapons to choose from, and I would like to have at least one weapon that has the same specs (or very very close to each other).

An example of this would be the AR1: The NF one was very strong (42 damage), but had the worst kickback ever (up to 4 times the kickback horizontally, twice vertically), which made it essentially useless in long range fighting. However, it was very good in short range fights. The problem was: NF didn't have ANY other weapon that was able to engage in long range fights, apart from the Scout Rifle. Now they have an equally strong rifle as BE, but still differ in their other weaponry.

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

sounds really good.

say, is there any way we could introduce weapon "customisation" into the mod, so you can choose, if you wish, to add a scope or a flashlight to your gun? perhaps it could change the weapon a bit, and it might give the sides some different abilities.

5. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

I highly dout that is possible in the mod as it is.

6. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz) Member

Maybe we could add weapon effects that cause be go light into flames.
    How bout jet packs?
    How bout adding the gravity gun?
    Make it a RP game?
    Add killer kitty's?
    I'M NOT JOKING I WANT THE LAST ONE.

7. Beerdude26

That was a thought I had, but that idea was already rejected. It would have been nice, though.

8. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz) Member

Sorry, had to stop that customization idea... fast.

9. arklansman

arklansman Member

Customizable weapons wouldn't really work as well with empires as it would with a CS clone.
    But on topic, the new scout rifle and arty are perfect (except for the cylinder splash damage XD ) but the smg's and pistol's are still underpowered.

10. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

11. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

The NF AR should be rather acurate with a good RoF but low damage. Like the M-16. The Emp AR should be higher damage but less acurate, like the AK-47.

12. Thor

Thor Member

I concur, I think it should be the opposite, as the M16 is more similar to the BE AR, whereas the AK47 is more similar to the NF AR. =P

13. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

I second Thor. BE is supposed to be the rich lavish army with controllable weapons.

14. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

and weapons which can only be fired for a couple of rounds more suit hit and run shooting, which is more gurilla, like the NF are supposed to be.

I would quite like it though, if the weapon didn't go inaccurate until say, 3 - 4 shots had been fired, not just the first 1 or 2.

15. Beerdude26

Hi everyone,

With the help of Teh_Newb (quite an ironic name), I have furthermore tweaked the primary assault rifles of both sides. The NF rifle is now fast, medium accuracy and has high damage (40). The BE rifle now slower, has slightly lesser accuracy (but still high in comparison to the NF rifle), but lower damage (30).

Play on the R&D server to check out the changes, and report your opinions back here. :)