Bio-Chemistry

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Killa-Kanga, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Killa-Kanga

Killa-Kanga Ask me how to open a .cfg file today!

Now i'm not suggesting any new biology research just a new biology branch instead of going right to biological weapons oh and maybe some heal research for biology that lets infantry heal over time or something hows that?

2. Reef

Reef Member

Read this before posting new topics.
    One line ideas are a disrespect for the forum users that have to ask You what exacly do You mean, how do You imagine implementing it, how would it impact gameplay etc (read the guides what questions need to be answered before posting).

Thease kind of oneliners are good for irc though if You like that kind of communication go there but stop spamming threads please thanks. And use "," and "." ffs.

3. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

I didn't find his post particularly more abortive of the English language than yours.

4. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Reef does have a point, though. I'm not entirely sure what's being suggested here.

The idea is to add something to biology. I got that much. But they don't want to add more research, but they do want to add a new branch? :confused:

Some sort of healing research in biology would fit the biology description, which mentions healing both metal and people, but I'm not sure how it would work.

Hmm. Maybe biological weapons should do more damage to a team if you've researched more items in the biology tree than them? Conversely, if they've researched more than you, they do less. This would make a 'biotech strategy' more interesting in the long term.

Bioweapon grenades that release smoke that damages infantry? They could be built into one of the existing biological weapon research items.

Perhaps add a 'poison' effect to biological weapons that does slow damage over time after you've been hit? Another possibility would be to allow biological weapons to weaken (but, probably, not kill) people in a vehicle, draining their HP when it's hit without killing them...

Perhaps there could be a research that makes all your finished buildings and turrets slowly regenerate themselves (but it wouldn't let them build themselves to begin with.) It'd be very slowly, and wouldn't work when sabotaged.

Now... the problem is, most of the soldier-healing effects would sort of overlap with existing abilities or skills. This is inevitable. Still, it doesn't hurt for them to stack with skills... perhaps every item in the bio tree that you research could slightly improve the healing done by an engineer's engie tool, and slightly increase the regeneration rate of an engie commander's aura. I don't think any of that would be worth its own research item, though.

Since several of these are too weak to be useful as their own research, they could be put in the path to more useful research... say, building-regeneration could lead to a form of improved regen armor.

Perhaps research that makes your team tougher, adding hp or stamina?

I don't know whether any of this is really necessary, though... it might make biological research more interesting, but I can't really think of any reason for it from a game-balance perspective.

5. Caelo

Caelo Member

BioMG?

6. arklansman

arklansman Member

That's what bio weapons are for....

7. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11 Member

You asking for something like an automatic heal 5hp/s like inside barracks etc - a research. I could go for that.

8. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

to be honest just use armourys. the reason it's not automatic is to stop people that want to just sit inside the barracks shooting getting heath during a firefight, so if you want to add health crates inside a barracks just put an armoury.