Battlefield 4

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fooshi, Mar 19, 2013.

1. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

[​IMG]
    Oh hai there.

2. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

wait, what? People are still releasing mods for the good old BF1942? Last time I checked, it was hard to at least find any of the old modtools on the web, because most sites from 2001 - 2003 don't exist anymore.

Get BF1942 from Origin if you haven't already!

3. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

4. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

We should do a BF1942 mod night.

5. LordDz_2

If you can manage to get the people, I would so be up for that.

6. Fooshi

7. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

I wanna play desert combat with ya fuckers.

8. LordDz_2

9. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I am reviving this thread because bf4 multiplayer beta is out now for those who care. Its fun so far, but I had fun with bf3 to begin with and it kinda is more of the same. The map they have for the beta is nice though just because it gives the game a more vertical feel to it, like playing the aftermath maps but with the ability to get on the roof.

Squads are definitely improved though, voice chat is back and sound quality is pretty good too. Squads have a new perk thing, though I'm not too sure how it works. Seems like as the squad does stuff this bar rises, granting more benefits to the squad, but if the whole squad dies( or maybe just the squad lead) you lose all the benefits and have to regain them. Squad lead gets to designate attack points or defend points, and gets some points if his squad actually goes there/does something.

Currently beta is performing like ass, what with the strange bugs and random fps drops/lag. Its a beta though so it should get better. Pretty playable most of the time.

Got some neat things like buttons that activate stuff and elevators too. You can spawn in transport copters and the spawn screen shows a neat first person camera of the person you want to spawn on, vehicles are third person. I am kinda annoyed that engineer doesn't get the scar-h and recon gets the c4. Still mad it doesn't use the mag dump system like bf2/1942. I'm also probably the only one with the opinion that spawning on any squadmate is bullshit but oh well.

I only played for a hour or two, so there's probably much more to discover, especially with vehicles cause I rarely play in them. All that said it really feels like a big ole expansion pack for bf3, one where you have to unlock everything again.:(

10. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

This is EA, you are essentially playing on something they consider a release client. They sold Sim City for $60 and it was 99% unplayable for weeks.

11. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Oh thank god, I thought my computer was failing because I could not even run it on low with constant fps drops.

12. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

no you are not

i have a similar feeling. apart from a tad different classes and comm mode, it really feels like bf3.5

not going to buy it till premium plus core is at about release costs ... no more EA games at release day

13. iMacmatician

iMacmatician Member

Isn't this the game that's supposed to use AMD's Mantle in December or so?

14. Fooshi

Yes, + upcoming Frostbite based games.