Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fooshi, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

yeah i bought my CoD BO disk for like 30€ in an electronics store here

2. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Summary:
    - Flags are WAY too close to each other. You can kill someone with a primary weapon due to the short distance between flags.
    - Weapon balancing is kind of fucked. Hardcore mode is way too deadly and normal is superman vs superman mode.
    - Servers are lagging like crazy and Origin is shitter than it was earlier. Crashes and shit too now. I can't remember Origin crashing even once during the beta. (And to add more salt in the wounds, activation is offline, so you wont be able to activate your game)
    - Squad system is STILL broken, but slighly improved. You can join a squad of choice now, but if you're the first one to join a squad, you need to "wait" for someone else to join it too. What?
    Half the time you're not even able to join the squad of your choice either due to this tiny "Join" button doesn't appear. (Even when the squad is open and slots are available)
    - The command rose (this pic showing the BF2 one) is completely useless. Not only are the commands placed in an order that doesn't make sense, the MOST IMPORTANT commands are gone. I'm talking about requesting ammo and medic.
    BF3 commorose is ugly, too.

Other than that, it's pretty sweet.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I'm happy with it but disappointed as well. It's a fantastic game, but it would have required so little extra effort to fix those things you mentioned, such as not making the commo rose shit, and keeping the weapon balance like it was in Beta, rather than the shit it is now.

4. Empty

Empty Member

Bought yesterday.
    Enjoying immensely.

Engineers are too weak.
    4 rockets to kill a tank, fucking really?

5. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

but in empires its ok (that you even need more)? i dont get your reasoning. and dont tell me its res, we have enough to pay greece twice by the end of a round ...

7. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

The idea in empires is that you're supposed to fight tanks with tanks, in battlefield generally the idea is that you have two or three tanks between 32 players. In previous games they could be killed in one shot to the back, and also as I understand in BF3 they regenerate health.

8. flasche

yes and its one of the most retarded ideas in empires. half the server drives around in almost indestructable heavies (if you care that is), while the other part throws their bodies into WMDs because thats all you can do. and because its "oh so much fun" for everyone, people drag this shit situation out for 20minutes.
    you wonder why we cant keep players? wonder, wonder ...

but this not only is a failure of devs, its also generally bad behavior and server owners at least are partially to blame aswell.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  9. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Really? Because personally having everyone in the server in tanks driving around shooting at each other is probably the most fun part of empires to me.

10. flasche

i asked that plenty of times before, why the hell is there infantry at all? driving tanks with terrible phyiscs around the map is not what this game promised to me when i downloaded it.
    ive seen ppl running around the map, so one should think it would help to do that.

apart from that, empires was way better with a tank limit of 10 ...

its all because of the prominent retarded balancing approach -> everything that enables you to kill more is good, everything that makes it easier to kill you is bad. there was barely any change introduced (tbh i cant think of any atm) that not only considered the offensive capabilities, but also the defensive ones. if something enables you to kill fast, it has to go down fast. if something is weak offensive, it should be made tougher in defense. thatd be good BALANCE ...

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  11. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Are you actually interested in BF3 or do you just want to complain about empires?

12. flasche

ofc im interested in bf3, i just wont get it before half a year has passed. im not making the same mistake i did with bc2 ...

13. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

This games is amazing, first game I spawn and hop in a tank and see a helicopter flying around pretty far away and take a random shot at it and nail it dead on! It was the coolest thing seeing it come down crashing.

This game has what I liked about empires which is moments of pure win in which everything just works perfectly. COD feels really smooth and is a great shooter but you will never see anything new.

14. Trickster

Did you get it for PC or shitbox360?

15. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I got it for xbox cause im not gonna get a new computer anytime soon. I use to play bf2 on computer and I understand its always gonna be better on PC but its still a lot of fun on consoles, specially since I get to play with my friends and use hella tactics.

16. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Oh em gee, Batel feeled looks betar on my ecks bawks. pee cee gamez look leik junk!

17. Trickster

It's mainly that on 360/PS3, it's limited to 24 players, has no jets, and has smaller maps. It's not about the graphics.

18. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

There is jets on consoles, and the maps seem pretty fucking big to me. But I will miss the comarose and better control of using a mouse. But its still hella fun.

19. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I don't know if I should congratulate on a great sarcasm, or point out the idiocy of that question.

20. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Looks pretty sweet, once I upgrade my PC im getting on this shit. Codfaggs in my school actually bought this game which surprised me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.